K-O really that bad?

mdlbj

I started out with KO. Played it for a few months. But I fell into a Spanish 21 game and it took a turn for the surreal. I found a side count that worked for me and then it was about learning how to really attack the game. The knock-Out was a good confidence builder just because but when I started to see the cards, and do some calculations faster, I moved to HI-LO.

moo321

The count doesn't matter that much in most shoe games. KO, Red 7, Zen, Hi-Lo, Hi-Opt, whatever. Get a count you can use, and use it.

21forme

KO works well

I use KO and have contemplated switching systems, but why? It works well for me.

Sims have shown KO works as well if not better than HiLo in shoe games. I've modified KO by adding index plays and adjusting bet ramping based on the number of decks dealt.

ChefJJ

21forme said:
I use KO and have contemplated switching systems, but why? It works well for me.

I've modified KO by adding index plays and adjusting bet ramping based on the number of decks dealt.
I couldn't have said it any better. I've done the same...customization makes it very easy for me to use at the tables.

good luck

Paradox

5-years is a long time

Professional teams us KO. It is great. The free pages at BJ21 are ok, but you do get what you pay for. If you join greenchip you'll see current information and POMs that will answer all of your questions.

Computer simulations show KO is damn good. I don't use it, but I know many who do. Check out REKO from Norm at QFIT.

5-years ago you could still find nicely dealt single deck in LV. Times they are a changin'. In 2007, KO will knock out a nice profit.

eps6724

I use a combination of red7/Kiss III. I've thought about changing to a higher level count, but I'm beginning to see that there are other things that I can put my energy towards that SHOULD get me a bigger edge than changing horses in mid-stream! That and the fact that sims show this system, KO and HI-Lo run pretty much neck-and-neck, and higher levels don't add that much.

Tho I have to admit, AutoMonk's BF count has made me seriously consider changing, after all!

Sonny

Actually, that BJ21 link had a lot of people defending the KO system. There were a few people who didn’t like it but they didn’t make any convincing arguments about its effectiveness. I think KO is a decent system. It is easy to learn, simple to use and it works. It’s a great way to learn the basics of card counting.

-Sonny-

ChefJJ

Sonny said:
I think KO is a decent system. It is easy to learn, simple to use and it works. It’s a great way to learn the basics of card counting.

-Sonny-
As you and quite a few others around here know, that's just part of the AP's repertoire.

good luck

shadroch

I started with Ko,but now use my own variation of Fred Renzeys KISS system.
What I found interesting about that thread from five years ago is that there were very few KO detractors that still post over there.Most of them seem to have lost interest in the game of BJ. But several of its defenders still post there today.Coincidence...... I wonder.