21 makes people claim awesome things

beat320

so I was reading a post on some other website that someone had made in regards to the movie "21" and it goes like this :

"Well the hi-lo method is ok, but very crude. There are other variations of this method. I myself use a method that i believe i have created, but am not sure, and i use this only. I'd share it but i like using my advantage =] i get about a 10-15% advantage with my method. But if you have the memory and quick eyes like i do try to memorize all cards. I also have photographic memory so that helps alot. Lol"

remember everyone, with quick eyes and a good memory you can memorize all of the cards in the deck..and a 10-15% advantage

moo321

beat320 said:
so I was reading a post on some other website that someone had made in regards to the movie "21" and it goes like this :

"Well the hi-lo method is ok, but very crude. There are other variations of this method. I myself use a method that i believe i have created, but am not sure, and i use this only. I'd share it but i like using my advantage =] i get about a 10-15% advantage with my method. But if you have the memory and quick eyes like i do try to memorize all cards. I also have photographic memory so that helps alot. Lol"

remember everyone, with quick eyes and a good memory you can memorize all of the cards in the deck..and a 10-15% advantage
Even if you could memorize every card in the deck, and bet and play at a perfect edge accordingly, I don't think you'd break 4%...

bluewhale

QFIT said:
Hole-carders don't get 15%, even if they see every hole-card and win 100% of Insurance bets.:)
pssh. that is according to traditional "math" techniques. i use a method of studying the sacred flow while memorizing every card and in tough spots i pray to insure my edge.

ihate17

Sinner! Beware the wrath of the Blackjack Gods

bluewhale said:
pssh. that is according to traditional "math" techniques. i use a method of studying the sacred flow while memorizing every card and in tough spots i pray to insure my edge.
To call The Flow Sacred and yet not honor The Sacred Flow with capitalization is a sin that will reduce your 15% edge to a sure negative. You are dealing here with the religion of blackjack and powers well beyond your mere understanding. Your attitude has caused a disturbance in The Flow and your ROR is approaching 100%.:eek:
Repent!

ihate17 Grand Muckity Muck of The All Knowing, All Powerful Sacred Flow of The Cards.

moo321

callipygian said:
What would your edge be if you knew the NEXT card to be dealt (but not the hole card or any other card)?
Well, if you can see the next card, you'll see the next card when the dealer deals a hole card. And the edge is astronomical...

shadroch

callipygian said:
What would your edge be if you knew the NEXT card to be dealt (but not the hole card or any other card)?
Wouldn't that depend on what the next card is?If you knew the next card you would get is an Ace,it increases your chances of winning,but what if you know the next card you'll get is a four?

callipygian

moo321 said:
Well, if you can see the next card, you'll see the next card when the dealer deals a hole card.
This is hypothetical. Don't bring reality into this. ;)

shadroch said:
Wouldn't that depend on what the next card is?
Well, that's what I'm asking. Over all the possible hands and combinations, what's your edge? In some cases, you'll lose anyway - if you have hard 14 vs. dealer 10, and you know the next card is a 10, you stand and hope dealer has 2-6 as a hole card. In some cases, it won't matter - if you have a hard 19 vs. dealer 10, knowing the next card is a 6 doesn't matter. Finally, in some cases, you'll turn a loss into a win - for example, if you have a hard 16 vs. dealer 4, knowing the next card is a 4 gives you a huge edge.

But what's the overall effect, from a pure curiosity standpoint?

mdlbj

If, if if.... You play your hand against the dealers up card. This is the foundation of card counting. Its called Basic Strategy.

callipygian said:
This is hypothetical. Don't bring reality into this. ;)

Well, that's what I'm asking. Over all the possible hands and combinations, what's your edge? In some cases, you'll lose anyway - if you have hard 14 vs. dealer 10, and you know the next card is a 10, you stand and hope dealer has 2-6 as a hole card. In some cases, it won't matter - if you have a hard 19 vs. dealer 10, knowing the next card is a 6 doesn't matter. Finally, in some cases, you'll turn a loss into a win - for example, if you have a hard 16 vs. dealer 4, knowing the next card is a 4 gives you a huge edge.

But what's the overall effect, from a pure curiosity standpoint?

Kasi

callipygian said:
Huge....if
you could sit at first base and only play when the next card is an Ace or 10 :grin:

Kasi

moo321 said:
Let's not forget surrender.
lol.

Exactly though - like maybe he'd surrender that 14 vs 10 knowing the next card is a 10. Or double the 16 vs 4 knowing a 4 is coming.

Guess we can dream lol.

Even if I could memorize every card dealt, I doubt I'd really know what to do anyway. Especially with no counting system lol.

moo321 said:
Even if you could memorize every card in the deck, and bet and play at a perfect edge accordingly, I don't think you'd break 4%...
Yeah you do, If you are have photographic memory you get 33 % advantage,
I played 3 hands and won 2 of them, statistic doesn't lie :grin: ;)