QFIT's new free book

UK-21

Silly me. Thanks. Have now got the job of re-crunching my spreadsheet. Would appear that the UK's 6 deck games are better than I've thought in the past.

I'm going to recommend your book to a relative who's looking to learn to play BJ (down under). I gave him my copy of BBiBJ, but I think yours is up there with it in terms of being a comprehensive review of the game.

Many thanks again.

Newb99

QFIT

DownUnderWonder said:
Awesome, anyone know if this is going to be published or self published?
I had a few requests for a print copy, so I uploaded Volume I it to LuLu.com, a print-on-demand site. A miserable, bug-filled process BTW. But I won't make it available until I see what it looks like. You have to buy a copy of your own book.:)

I don't know if it makes sense to upload Volume II as there is so much color. Might be difficult to read in black & white.

johndoe

How about a download/purchase of a standalone .pdf? (Or even zipped html).

This is exactly the kind of thing I like to read while traveling, but I can't always have an internet connection, especially on airplanes.

QFIT

The HTML version includes 1,150 files. A PDF version would be about 50MB due to the large number of color charts. (Incidentally, a color postscript version is over 10 gigabytes. I ran out of disk space on one of my drives creating it.) I probably won't distribute a PDF version, but may look at some other type of eBook. So far, I've taken a strong dislike to every eBook app I've seen.

iCountNTrack

QFIT said:
The HTML version includes 1,150 files. A PDF version would be about 50MB due to the large number of color charts. (Incidentally, a color postscript version is over 10 gigabytes. I ran out of disk space on one of my drives creating it.) I probably won't distribute a PDF version, but may look at some other type of eBook. So far, I've taken a strong dislike to every eBook app I've seen.
50 MB is not so bad Norm :), i personally think a PDF version would be the simplest approach for the reader. But i see why this would not be the best for QFIT :).

Last edited:

johndoe

QFIT said:
Both of those options seem perfectly workable and practical, but I completely understand if you prefer to maintain more control over distribution.

(I'd be happy to get a lulu copy as well, but I'd personally hate to see it be incomplete.)

duanedibley

Hi QFIT,

I think you forgot to include surrender indexes for 16 v 8 for REKO-F and FELT-F!

Also, downloadable HTML and PDF versions would be excellent. You can always host them on a free hosting service somewhere and link to that from your site.

Thanks for this great free resource!

QFIT

duanedibley said:
OK. How about A7 vs. A for S17?

Anyway I'm using +16 for Surrender 16 vs. A and +3 for Stand A7 vs. A for the 6D S17 FELT count.
Well, you can always add indexes. A7 vs. A didn't appear worth the trouble when I looked at it. But if you have no problem with many indexes, why not?

can I download?

Is Modern Blackjack downloadable? I can't stand clicking for every little page. A PDF, or even series of HTML files? Any other free book I should read?