Football picks will appear here for free is back

glovesetc

Will post the picks here as usual . May do some college games as well I have had alot of time to recuperate from illnesses and had lots of time to study and handicap things .As always there will be some weeks where there is only 1 game bet and others more and some weeks there could even be none . I do not explain my picks { at least publicly} and that will continue as well this year . To answer a question to one responder why I do not bet even amounts on all games . Well you can not win that way - very simple . Bets are based in DIFFERING amounts based on likelihood of a win . I hope we all have a good season !:):grin:;):laugh::cool::cool2:

bj bob

glovesetc said:
. To answer a question to one responder why I do not bet even amounts on all games . Well you can not win that way - very simple . Bets are based in DIFFERING amounts based on likelihood of a win . I hope we all have a good season !:):grin:;):laugh::cool::cool2:
In other words, it kinda like proper bet sizing v. the TRUE ADVANTAGE.

glovesetc

somewhat

like that but in football skill and luck play huge parts in the make-up of a bet and on who you pick . The skill part is the constant studying and the constant upkeep of all stats , injury reports , team members having personal problems , and lots of insight as well into the teams . In BJ or poker you can walk away in the middle of a hand basically . Once a game kicks off and your wager is in you are in for the full 60 minutes so to speak . You have no opportunity to vary your bet basically such as every 10 seconds in BJ you have that opportunity as you are dealt a new hand . In BJ the count differs the father you go into the shoe or deck but that is not the same in football as the same players are out there give or take injuries, conditioning , and certain plays that require special talents for the situation . This is not your fathers oldsmobile - oops I mean betting - lol !

bj bob

I think it's time

...to upgarde the status of these football threads to it's own forum, or at least to it's own sub-forum under "Other Games". Last year's one thread netted almost 10,000 views, far more than most of the other little-used forums. It seems like it's already proven itself worthy. What do you think, guys?

glovesetc

tonights pick is posted

Tonight the pick is the Giants at -4 points . The bet is 5k on them . The under is a good bet but did not meet all the criteria . :):grin:;):laugh::cool2::cool: afterthought - the spot should be actually like 8.5 but that is just my opinion and opinions are like a@@holes - everyone has got one - LMAO

Hey Gloves!

Great to see you back; I'm a big fan of your posts. I wish I would have seen your post a few hours earlier so that i could place the bet, but at 7:59 - 3rd your 8.5 point opinion is looking spot on (16-7).

Edit: Could you give us some idea of the relative size of your bets? i.e. is 5K a large/confident bet or ...? Do you base the size of your bets off of the size of your bankroll or is there a just a range of amounts that you are comfortable with?

glovesetc

response too asparachief

there is a group of people and we have rather large assets at our disposal to bet with .Edit: Could you give us some idea of the relative size of your bets? i.e. is 5K a large/confident bet or ...? Do you base the size of your bets off of the size of your bankroll or is there a just a range of amounts that you are comfortable with!!! hmmm never could figure that cut and paste out . Small bets are 2-3 k times maybe 10 people that we have , That is a fairly confident bet. 5k to 7.5 times the ten or how many ever choose to go in would be a very confident bet , whereas 10k and up it will be of the extreme confidence level . I am comfortable no matter what I bet .If i wasn't then I would not bet anything . Which many can attest to on this forum! If I do not really like something I have no need or urge to risk my money or other peoples money foolishly . I do not live and die for the thrill of a BJ { which I play very sparingly now } , the straight fl;ush in hold em , or the blow out score in a football game . It is strictly a business with me . There will be times when I will post no games to bet or maybe one for a whole week-end .I hope that answers your questions ! Have a nice day !

glovesetc

the bets for today

are the eagles -8 and that is for 15k and the cowboys -6 for 10k in the 4 o:clock game . Good luck all !!!:):grin:;):laugh::cool::cool2: