Reno games for Basic Strategy

Hey there everyone...new to the site and to blackjack.

I'm going to Reno this weekend with a buddy, staying at Silver Legacy...what games are best for just playing the basic strategy?

thanks

bj bob

Wildebeast said:

I'm going to Reno this weekend with a buddy, staying at Silver Legacy...what games are best for just playing the basic strategy?

thanks
It's a toss up. Inside the Legacy itself the SD D10 game has about the same HA as the DD, DOA. Just look for the slowest dealers. If you want the best HA for BS, then head up to Boomtown or Sparks. All these games offer SD, DOA with a HA of .18.

Brock Windsor

Wildebeast said:

thanks
As long as you are playing 3:2 BJ and perfect Basic Strategy (adjusted for number of decks) you will notice no difference. Find the $5 or less minimums, there are lots of them.
BW

Blue Efficacy

StudiodeKadent said:
Also, if you are just playing basic strategy, try to get a CSM rather than a shoe game. If the rules are the same, CSM's lower the house edge by 0.02%.
If he is in Reno, he should not be playing shoes OR CSMs. There are plenty of perfectly good hand dealt games.

Also, the .02 gained is minimal vs a CSM when you factor in the increased hands per hour.

Mr. T

To the OP maybe a BJ virgin try and practise until you can play perfect BS.
Next know that variance can knock your socks off.
Dealer stays on soft 17 is probably the most important advantage for you. CSM is of infinitisemal importance. Sorry StudiodeKadent, 0.02 vs 0.20 difference.

StudiodeKadent

Mr. T said:
Dealer stays on soft 17 is probably the most important advantage for you. CSM is of infinitisemal importance. Sorry StudiodeKadent, 0.02 vs 0.20 difference.
Oh, I'm aware. I said that holding all other rules constant take a CSM over a shoe. Obviously, if the rules aren't held constant, other rule changes will matter more.

And Blue Efficacy... I've read conflicting reports on CSM speed increase. Some say empirical trials show only a very small increase in the speed of play. Others maintain they do significantly speed up the game.

Blue Efficacy

StudiodeKadent said:
Oh, I'm aware. I said that holding all other rules constant take a CSM over a shoe. Obviously, if the rules aren't held constant, other rule changes will matter more.

And Blue Efficacy... I've read conflicting reports on CSM speed increase. Some say empirical trials show only a very small increase in the speed of play. Others maintain they do significantly speed up the game.
Very small increase in speed...

.02% qualifies as a VERY SMALL increase in house edge. And of course that assumes that the store has an ASM, which many do not.

NightStalker

Edge in csm?

Blue Efficacy said:
If he is in Reno, he should not be playing shoes OR CSMs. There are plenty of perfectly good hand dealt games.

Also, the .02 gained is minimal vs a CSM when you factor in the increased hands per hour.
I haven't seen any proof for lower HE in CSM Vs shoe. Can you point me to?? And csm definitely increases the speed.

Brock Windsor

NightStalker said:
I haven't seen any proof for lower HE in CSM Vs shoe. Can you point me to?? And csm definitely increases the speed.
I believe it is because there is no cut-card effect with a CSM. Quick search of cut-card effect should indicate.
-BW

melbedewy

Brock Windsor said:
As long as you are playing 3:2 BJ and perfect Basic Strategy (adjusted for number of decks) you will notice no difference. Find the $5 or less minimums, there are lots of them.
BW
Without looking it up, I believe the only strategy differences are to double on 9 against a deuce and on 8 against 5 or 6?