$25 Room on the L.V. strip: Three day Sale

FLASH1296

(Dead link: https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?pid=EXC&host=offer&code=x0426b)

I am not about to shill for MGM, but this is a rate that is as good as it gets.

chichow

Its all relative right?

I think its pretty bad, but other people may think its great.

For those rates, I would rather stay downtown. Heck, I'd might even say Harrah's IP instead (still shuddering at the thought of that).

Then again, from an EV perspective its better than paying for a nice nice Vegas place.

chichow

I mentioned IP because it is more centrally located on the Strip to wander between games...

For me, once you get to Excalibur levels...its not much of a diff between Excalibur, IP and Motel 3.5

sabre

I think the Excalibur has better access to decent BJ. Tram to Mandalay, easy walk to MGM and Monte Carlo. IP is solidly in the middle of HET row.

I''ll stick with my assertion that Excal rooms are a BIG step up from IP/Ellis Island. Also ... wicked short cab ride from the airport. To me, that's a huge factor in staying south strip vs downtown. I can be in my room within an hour of landing when staying at MGM or Mandalay or Excalibur.

kewljason

sabre said:
I''ll stick with my assertion that Excal rooms are a BIG step up from IP/Ellis Island. Also ... wicked short cab ride from the airport. To me, that's a huge factor in staying south strip vs downtown. I can be in my room within an hour of landing when staying at MGM or Mandalay or Excalibur.
I don't think Ellis Island even have rooms. :confused: But they do still have the steak dinner special for $4.95 that comes with a $5 match play coupon, cutting the actual cost in half. :laugh:

SleightOfHand

chichow said:
Its all relative right?

I think its pretty bad, but other people may think its great.

For those rates, I would rather stay downtown. Heck, I'd might even say Harrah's IP instead (still shuddering at the thought of that).

Then again, from an EV perspective its better than paying for a nice nice Vegas place.
I remember one of the first times me and my cousin went to Vegas (for AP), we got the ACG + POV. We had a couple coupons for Imperial, and boy, we were so scared traveling through that self park garage :laugh::laugh: We saw what looked like motel rooms inside of the garage and we felt we had a 60% chance of being raped. :eek: What were those doors?

aslan

I stayed at IP something like twenty years ago. It was the pits and the room was small. I think we ate at a Chinese restaurant there. Never went back. Venetian, Paris, RIO, Arizona Charlies (Boulder), Gold Coast (Ugh! beds hard as a rock) and PH are all places I have stayed. I'd go back to any of them except Gold Coast (hard beds and my wife got sick on the food). If you have a timeshare, there are a ton of great places in Vegas, plus you get a kitchen, living room, sometimes jacuzzi, two TVs, maid service, nice pool, etc.

moo321

kewljason said:
I don't think Ellis Island even have rooms. :confused: But they do still have the steak dinner special for $4.95 that comes with a $5 match play coupon, cutting the actual cost in half. :laugh:
If you can put it on roulette, it's almost even.