black jack courses

jrat

hey guys, im new to the card counting scene. i live in melbourne and heard of a course you can do, the website is blackjack-masters.com. i wanted to know if anyone has heard of this course and could give me insight on wether it is worthe doing. Also im looking to take this seriously and do it full time but its seems like you need a big bankroll. how much would you guys recommend to have to start with to earn say 50,000 annually to begin with. thanks

StandardDeviant

There is no one answer to this because the answer depends on a number of factors, but under one set of assumptions:

500 hours played per year
6 deck
S17 DAS
75 percent penetration
100 hands per hour
Spread 1:12
Risk of ruin ~ 1%
Play all

I get a required bankroll of $120,000. Then add to that travel and living expenses, say 30,000 just to keep the numbers simple. So you're at ~150K.

Different people will make different assumptions, particularly around spread, risk of ruin, and living expenses. In addition, you will probably not be playing all hands, I used that just because it was easiest to model. So your mileage will vary. The point is that it does in fact take a big bankroll. You can do it for less, and people have, but the stress involved goes way up - and you shouldn't underestimate that factor, although so many players do.

Sonny

Forget about that training website. Start with all of the free resources here and then decide if you still need to pay for anything extra. I think you will find that the free information and free advice from the members here (and other websites) will be enough to get you ready for action.

-Sonny-