Keeping it simple

caramel6

totally agree, of xourse the less boxes are opened , the better, if I have an advantage
As for ending session, you are again right, to stop when tired , mentally or physically, as I am very emotional, feeling a winner gives me a great boost, and losing make me possibly more miserable than most of cointers, so I better stop when I am up.

Another thing, some counters recommend , if an advantage, open more boxes, howevr, it looks like open one box and bet on it works better for me, than opening several boxes.

And one more question : it is better to play with 8 decks with 1 decl being cut off, than with 4 decks having 1 deck cut off? isn, t it?

Thanks for your wise advices.

pogostick

pogostick said:
I have been counting a few yrs now & started out with running count which wore me out . +1 m1 +2 - 3 . Now I wait to the end of deal & just say + or min . For ex Q2 JK A3 10-9 4-4 K5 A7 . Now I just say m 7 +5 m-2 which works for me. I am thinking about changing the way I advance my bets . Instead of waiting for that magic + C to advance , I am going to keep it simple & bet 1unit at all min C & 2 units at all + C no matter how many decks. I figure in the long run this will pay off & keep the PB in check. I am just trying to keep it simple. Feed back will be appreciated ,but no ass kicking PLEASE!! POGO
JUST GOT BACK FROM A CARNIVAL CRUISE & HAD A GOOD TIME BUT, I THINK MY CARD COUNTING DAYS ARE OVER WITH & POSSIBLE YOURS TO. ALL BJ TABLES WERE CS & WAS TOLD ALL CRUISE LINES WERE GOING THAT WAY,NOT BECAUSE OF COUNTERS ,JUST SO THEY CAN GET MORE HANDS DEALT. I HEAR ATLANTIC CITY TABLES WILL EVENTUALLY BE ALL CS & DOVER WILL HAVE TABLE GAMES IN JULY ,BUT WITH CS. . I THOUGHT I HAD SEEN SOME BAD PLAYS ON H&S ,BUT THIS HAD TO BE A CONVENTION OF PLOPPYS. I WAS HAVING A CONVERSATION WITH A GENTLEMAN & HE WAS SAYING HOW LITTLE THE BJ PLAYERS KNEW ABOUT THE GAME & ASKED ME IF HE COULD RECOMMEND WHEN I SHOULD TAKE A HIT OR S SINCE HE HAD BEEN PLAYING BJ FOR YEARS & KNEW THE GAME LIKE THE BACK OF HIS HAND. THE FIRST THING HE TOLD ME WAS TO SPLIT THOSE 10s( LAUGH ) . I HAD A GOOD TIME & DID WIN $135 HEY!!!! BETTER THAN LOSING. POGO