bad attitude, educating newbies in BS

bjcardcounter

plainplayer said:
I realize we were all new once. Really, I do. She was standing on 14 against A, declining to split 8s, declining to double 11, hitting 15 against 6. Completely random, it seemed. I pulled out a simple BS strategy card that I carry around, but she wasn't taking any advice. She also had clearly matched her inability with an excess of cash, so she wasn't going away.
So what? You should think like a counter not another ploppy like that female. It is never debatable, and you speak as if you are a shuffle tracker and you tracked a shuffle that had the correct sequence so that BS players win all the time.

Sucker

plainplayer said:
Y'know, it's rather amazing to see how much the folks around here like to condemn anyone and everyone who doesn't play exactly like they do, or who doesn't think about the game exactly the way they do.
Think about what you just said. Then, go back and read the FIRST post in this thread - YOUR post. That's right - the one in which YOU yourself started a thread in which the whole point was to condemn a woman who doesn't play exactly like you do, or who doesn't think about the game exactly the way you do.

paddywhack

Beat me to it

Sucker said:
Think about what you just said. Then, go back and read the FIRST post in this thread - YOUR post. That's right - the one in which YOU yourself started a thread in which the whole point was to condemn a woman who doesn't play exactly like you do, or who doesn't think about the game exactly the way you do.
My thoughts exactly.

fubster

Dyepaintball12 said:
The first time I ever played the game, I sat down and figured I wanted to get closer to 21 than the dealer so hit all my stiffs against any dealer up card.

After losing several hands my friend says to the dealer, "You're killing my friend!" to which she responded "He's killing himself."

That will stick with me forever and after that I started reading up on how to play.

If other players had been at the table and told me about bust cards I probably would have listened to them because I had no idea what I was doing. However, lots of new players don't care at all about your opinion and telling them the correct move only makes them angry. Some people get mad at the mention of "playing by the book" because they figure that "playing by the book" will make you lose in the long run.

I played with a man in AC who consistently doubled down on his hard 12s and 13s and after the table had been talking about "the book" plays he doubled a hard 13 against a 20 and got a 21 and started yelling "Throw the Book out the Door!!!" Pretty funny I thought

I guess if a player is playing like this and you're only playing in high counts, it could change your winrate a bit by eating cards in high counts.

Sucker said:
condemn a woman who doesn't play exactly like you do, or who doesn't think about the game exactly the way you do.
There's a world of difference between "not exactly the same way" (where opinions may reasonably differ) and "demonstrably, objectively bad play on nearly every hand" (e.g. hitting 15 against 6).

The latter is condemnable. Refusal to accept any input or advice makes it doubly so.

blackjacktilt

Machinist said:
Plainplayer!!!!!!!!!! Don't make us banish you to the VOODOO SECTION!!!!!!!!!!
It's horrible down there.......:cry::cry::cry:

I agree with the above posts........PLoppies keep the lights on......
Have you hugged a ploppy today????:laugh::laugh:

Machinist

It's not that bad there, I have alot of fun with those silly people :laugh:

Billy C1

fubster said:
I guess if a player is playing like this and you're only playing in high counts, it could change your winrate a bit by eating cards in high counts.
And conversely, if they don't take hits that "they should" it can change your win rate by not eating cards!

BillyC1