Odds on player, dealer BJs

Sonny

rukus said:
anyone have thoughts on optimal sizing of sidebet amounts when playing both a box (or two or three..) and the sidebets simultaneously off the same bankroll?
The side bet and the main bet are independent so you usually don’t need to worry about additional bankroll requirements. We don’t worry about that when we make the insurance side bet, or when a teammate is playing at another table using our bankroll. When the two bets don’t correlate we can bet from the same bankroll.

There is probably some covariance between the main bet and the side bet (if you get a BJ you will probably win both bets, if the dealer gets a BJ you will probably lose them both), but I don’t think it would be anything that you would need to worry about in this case.

-Sonny-

rukus

Sonny said:
The side bet and the main bet are independent so you usually don’t need to worry about additional bankroll requirements. We don’t worry about that when we make the insurance side bet, or when a teammate is playing at another table using our bankroll. When the two bets don’t correlate we can bet from the same bankroll.

There is probably some covariance between the main bet and the side bet (if you get a BJ you will probably win both bets, if the dealer gets a BJ you will probably lose them both), but I don’t think it would be anything that you would need to worry about in this case.

-Sonny-
i suppose that is a good point, they are for the most part independent :whip:. but what about a side bet like lucky ladies? i imagine for that bet there is higher covariance between the side bet and the main bet.

Kasi

rukus said:
i suppose that is a good point, they are for the most part independent :whip:. but what about a side bet like lucky ladies? i imagine for that bet there is higher covariance between the side bet and the main bet.
How the heck did we get here from a player and dealer BJ ? :grin:

And I thought I complicated things. Won't feel bad about that anymore lmao!

But I never have quite understood that insurance bet - like it somehow is included in adv% betting BJ roll but funded out of separate roll for variance? Or the insurance bet when taken does effect avg bet of BJ roll?

Something like maybe CVCX includes the win/loss from it in winnings but never lists Ins as a result? Or treats in some kind of different way than CVDATA? I forget what seemed weird about lol. Maybe it was CVBJ vs one of those? lol.

Not a big side-bet bettor lol - my wife won't even let me play 3-card poker with her if I don't bet on the Pair Plus. So I act all hurt and don't play lol.