Room Comps at Four Queens

darco77

A few hours of 25 cent play on +EV VP has resulted in some free room offers at the Four Queens, I'm happy to report. Can anyone comment on the state of the rooms? I realize they are dated and small, but that doesn't bother me. Hell, nothing outside of bed bugs bothers me. But the GF struggles with allergies and is squeamish when it comes to dirty digs. My main concerns: smoke smell in non-smoking rooms (unfortunately this problem exists in many low-roller joints) and dirty bathrooms. Any/all input appreciated.

shadroch

The rooms in the back tower are nicer, but if you are there on a low roller comp, you'll almost always get the front tower. 4Q is one of the only places in Vegas where the infamous $20 trick will not get you an upgrade or even a tower change.
I generally stay in a non-smoking room and can't say I've ever been bothered by either smell or dirt, but I'm not hyper-sensitive.
Great coffe shop, btw.

darco77

shadroch said:
The rooms in the back tower are nicer, but if you are there on a low roller comp, you'll almost always get the front tower.
Thanks for the info. I take it the FSE show is audible in the front tower. How loud is it in the rooms? Is it a problem if you're trying to sleep?

shadroch

most of the rooms in the front tower face away from it. I've never had a problem with the noise or lights. They have blackout curtains in the rooms.

darco77

Your Mileage May Vary

I redeemed my comp at 4Q a few weeks ago. As expected, I got a room in the Front Tower, and it matched my expectations. Small, relatively clean, outdated, no smoke scent. I had no problem with noise from the FSE, as my room did not face the street.

I did have one problem, however. I suffered a few insect bites, likely while I was asleep. It was not the dreaded bedbugs - the bites do not match the pattern, and I checked for the little bastards myself - but some kind of insect nonetheless. Ordinarily this kind of bite would just be a nuisance, but the fecking thing bit me in a sensitive area that led to a few doctor visits and a round of medications. Nothing permanent, but a major inconvenience.

Please keep this in mind. You may want to push for a back tower room.

darco77 said:
I redeemed my comp at 4Q a few weeks ago. As expected, I got a room in the Front Tower, and it matched my expectations. Small, relatively clean, outdated, no smoke scent. I had no problem with noise from the FSE, as my room did not face the street.

I did have one problem, however. I suffered a few insect bites, likely while I was asleep. It was not the dreaded bedbugs - the bites do not match the pattern, and I checked for the little bastards myself - but some kind of insect nonetheless. Ordinarily this kind of bite would just be a nuisance, but the fecking thing bit me in a sensitive area that led to a few doctor visits and a round of medications. Nothing permanent, but a major inconvenience.

Jesus Christ! I've had some bad and dirty rooms, but never one where I checked out with insect bites on my parts.

Could be fleas, spiders, centipedes, fire ants.

Solo player

Automatic Monkey said:
Jesus Christ! I've had some bad and dirty rooms, but never one where I checked out with insect bites on my parts.

Could be fleas, spiders, centipedes, fire ants.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Likely candidates

The succubus is getting a little wrong. I have never been bitten by a bedbug that I am aware of. Another one I have been fortunate enough to avoid was crabs. I am guessing that they would have taken up residence in the bushes down there so the doctor would have found them out. Scabies (mites) is another likely candidate. If you were covered mosquitos are an unlikely but worth considering candidate. They can bite through layers of fabric were they are tight to the skin. We all know what happens down there during the sleep cycle. That could make any fabric tight to the skin.

Dyepaintball12

darco77 said:

Seems to me if you could prove that the bites came from the room then 4Q is liable here!

Billy C1

darco77 said:

Doesn't matter which tower you're in if she has crabs. Pick up a bottle of "Quell" lotion and proceed!

BillyC1

shadroch

I don't know how many of you do this, but you should always take the bedspread off the beds as soon as you walk in the room. Sheets are changed on a daily basis, blankets are changed frequently, but bedspreads stay for months at a time unless the maid notices something wrong. Laying down watching tv on the bedspread is an accident waiting to happen. Fold it up and place it in the far corner of the room, the place you will less likely to be near.
If you are going to lay down watching tv, lay on the sheets, not the blankets. If your room has sofas, wear as much clothes as you can when sitting on them. They are cleaned perhaps once a year, barring visable damage.
It doesn't matter if you are staying at The Wild Wild West or at the Wynn.
The only thing disinfected by your maid is your toilet seat.

BJgenius007

shadroch said:
If you are going to lay down watching tv, lay on the sheets, not the blankets. If your room has sofas, wear as much clothes as you can when sitting on them. They are cleaned perhaps once a year, barring visable damage.
I took my dad to Las Vegas. We stayed at one of the nicest hotels on the Strip. So I don't mind letting my dad sit on sofa in his underwear.

Then the next day he had acute inflammation on his legs. Treated him with Cortzone creme and the flame went away in a few hours. But now he remembered wearing long pants while sitting on sofa watching TV in the rest of the trip.

Hotel is not home. It only looks nice.:devil::whip::flame:

Cherry7Up

shadroch said:
I don't know how many of you do this, but you should always take the bedspread off the beds as soon as you walk in the room. Sheets are changed on a daily basis, blankets are changed frequently, but bedspreads stay for months at a time unless the maid notices something wrong. Laying down watching tv on the bedspread is an accident waiting to happen. Fold it up and place it in the far corner of the room, the place you will less likely to be near.
Interestingly, the Cosmo is using a feather or cotton comforter insert between two sheets (top and bottom) to form their "bedspread"--this means that the exposed surfaces of the bedspread (the top and bottom comforter cover sheets, as well as the other bed sheets) are cleaned regularly. I'm not saying this eliminates potential problems, but it seems like a move in the right direction to me. I wonder if more hotels will move (have moved?) to this method.

darco77

Dyepaintball12 said:
Seems to me if you could prove that the bites came from the room then 4Q is liable here!
I consulted with a good friend, who is also an attorney. Given the specifics of my case, a lawsuit would be a waste of time.

darco77

The Irony!

shadroch said:
I used to remove the bedspread religiously, and had gotten lazy with this in the last year or so. The first thing I did upon entering my room at 4Q was to remove the spread and throw it in the furthest corner.

And you are correct when you say it doesn't matter where you stay. I recently did a search of reviews on Trip Advisor for the word "bedbugs" and found reports at properties at both ends of the scale.