slow the dealer down

I am new at counting cards but 99% BS player. I play at mohegan sun in CT, they change dealers every 20 to 30 min and burn a card every time. They all seem to deal at different speeds. Does anyone have a tip on trying to slow the dealer down or am i thinking of nonsense.

If you get behind, you could try acting like you are figuring out what to do with your cards, then the dealer should pause and wait for you. You can then glance at the other players cards or seek help from the table. Of course, too much of this will irritate everyone if there is a nice rhythm going. Just a thought.

Hey, when did they put table games in Mohegan Sun, anyway? I was there in '98 and I swear all that they had were slots.

:joker:

lagavulin62

you might try using some of the blackjack software for practice. you can set it to any speed and that will more than prepare you for those dealers. I like to sit with at least 2-3 people to the right of me so that if I get behind I have time to catch up if they need to take more hits. yeah, the play dumb act will work for maybe two hands max, after that you're on your own.

BAMA21

I like Mohegan Sun a lot. If the dealing speed is an issue for you, I'd suggest the following, based on experience there:

1. Look for a table with several other players. It always seems to be packed when I am there, so finding other players to help slow things down isn't much of a challenge. You might also try getting into a game with some people who are obviously slow themselves, which is probably also not difficult to find.

2. Get chatty at the table and see if you can get another player or two to join in. This is especially good if you can get the dealer to chatting too. I sometimes sit near a roulette wheel and make comments about the numbers coming up. Sometimes I can even get the dealer to look that way.

3. There are so many tables that you should be able to look around, especially at the lower-limit tables, and find a relatively new or otherwise slow dealer. On my last trip I played four hours at a single low-limit table with a dealer and a relief dealer who were both pleasently on the slower side. They weren't real slow, but slow enough that the game wasn't rushed.

The real bottom line there is, in my opinion, if you look around enough, you should be able to find a favorable speed.