Ask Stanford Wong

Most of you don't know me, but my name is Rick. I work with Ken S. on his web sites. Ken wants to add to the interview section on this site, since the only entry is the amazing interview by Barfarkel about Zengrifter. We will try to keep the rest of the interviews a little shorter.

If you ever wanted to know something about Stanford Wong, now is your chance.
Next up on the interview list is Stanford Wong, and you may be a part of it.
On the day that I was assembling the questions to ask Wong, I was speaking with one of the members here. I asked if she had a question for Stanford, that's when I came up with the idea to see if the members wanted to know something in particular about Stanford. I already have many questions lined up, but will add some if the members provide any that are pertinent. Try to put them into a context that you believe he will want to answer. After Stanford, we have confirmation to add, (in no particular order), Joe Pane, Max Rubin, Hollywood Dave, Kenny Einiger, and others.
________
(Dead link: http://drugtestingkit.org) _DRUG TEST KIT_

Last edited:

Brutus

what is the future of an AP in the BlackJack world?
what is your biggest win? biggest loss?
best comps ?
any funny stories along the way?
stupidest pit boss?

Mikeaber

Are you still able to get on (and stay on) a blackjack cash table anywhere? I was playing at a table at Plaza last year and saw you at the Craps table. I noted that as you walked past the BJ tables on your way out, it seemed that you cast a sort of wistful eye over our way.

Stanford, tell us a little about 'advantage craps'. Whats entailed in learning this 'physical' skill? How long does it take and what do you estimate is a reasonable advantage to obtain? Is there a way to scientifically estimate the skilled dice thrower's advantage with such small samplings of 1000 or so throws?

Doofus

Libel? What libel? I read BJ21 and haven't seen anything I would classify as libel. Frankly, other than telling other posters to "stop spilling the beans, bust your post!" the content of that site it not much different from this one. In fact, I doubt whether my "Green Chip" membership is worth paying for.

mdlbj

I would like to ask him if he will ever write something a layman can put to use in a particle way. Instead of page after page after page after page of numbers..

Questions for Wong

How long were you a full time player?
When did you stop playing full time? If so, why?
International vs domestic (US) play today, all things considered which would you prefer?

QFIT said:
I'm still trying to get a handle on this "time" concept.
Time is an illusion. zg
JUST because we perceive time flowing in one direction, does that mean there "really is" a difference between the past and future? The old philosophical question has been re-examined by Huw Price, of the University of Sydney, in the context of quantum mechanics. He concludes that the idea that the past is not influenced by the future is an anthropocentric illusion, a "projection of our own temporal asymmetry".