anyone split 10s?

Split

1. In a BJ tournament (if needed)

2. To get rid of other player/players.
( a good way to clear the table, sometimes)
The worse case scenario is, you win both hands and then all the other players start doing it. lol

Even with a big plus count, it is not really worth it to split 10's.
Yes, it is mathematically correct at plus 5 vs the dealers 5 and at plus 4 vs the dealers 6, for example.
But, there is more to it than the math.....

Red Flag to the pit-- This guy is an Idiot or a Counter and you get unwanted attention.......

Last edited:

tedloc

Don't

newyorkbear said:
I split 10s only under two very specfic conditions,both sort of related to each other.
Anyone else? and under what conditions?
Whenever tempted to split 10's because of a very positive count I recall an event many years ago in Lake Tahoe. A guy asked a female dealer if he should split his 10's. She said to the table "If you had a 10 inch dick, would you cut it in half"
I agree with Midnight. Why call attention to yourself?

mrbill

Midnite said:
2. To get rid of other player/players.
( a good way to clear the table, sometimes)
Worse case, is you win both and then all the other players start doing it. lol
I actually had this happen over the weekend. I was at a table with 4 other people. A group came up and one of the ladies sat down. On the first 4 hands betting $5, she split 10's twice, doubled a 5 and stayed on a A-5. 3 of the others got up in disgust and walked away, and the rest of her party sat down. I just looked at her and smiled, so she'd know she wasn't going to drive me away. After that she upped her bet to $15 most hands and played pretty smart.

They were a lot of fun so it didn't bother me too. Actually thought it was kind of an interesting strategy.

newyorkbear

As I said,I do it occasionally for two reasons,and only under certain circumstances.
1) To get rid of some obnoxious A-hole.Peoples play doesn't really bother me,but sometimes someone gets under my skin.More often,its a jerk who has read a book and is criticising others play. I am very patient with newcomers.
2) To make room for my friends when we can't find a table we like thats empty. Never thought abought staying on 5,guess that would work just as well and is cheape.

newyorkbear said:
anyone split 10s?
No, I do not split 10s and this message had to be this long because the filter wouldn't let me put me original answer of......

No.

Edit: Should mention that I don't count, never even bothered to learn how so if it is reasonable to do so in that instance then whateva'.

I have split 10's to get rid of people at a table. I have also not split aces, split 2's, 3's, 4's etc to clear the table. You also do it to burn cards.

I have also split 10's if I had a high plus count and had a lot of money on each hand (playing 4 hands for example) and got dealt:

Hand 1: 10,10
Hand 2: 10, 5
Hand 3: 7, 6
Hand 4: 10, 10

and the dealer had a 7 or 8 showing. In this case I would split both 10's to save the other 2 crappy hands. I would only do this with a real high plus count.