BJInfo Open Source UBZ II V0.5

Knox

burneyj5 said:
If you want to start your IRC at 0 you would have to adjust all of the index numbers for 2D or start your IRC at 16. Or you could do what I do for the negative counts. I consider a count of 0 as 100 and if it goes positive, i.e. 101,102,103, I just lop off the 100 and count 1,2,3. Now if the count goes negative, i.e. 99,98,97 then I know my count is -1,-2,-3. So, for 6D my IRC is 76(-24) and for 2D it is 92(-8) for UBZ. It might feel strange at first to count like this but it is much easier for me than to count back and forth between negative and positive numbers.
Roger this as a good tip. I don't like the negative numbers either. I prefer the positive numbers intuitively to have a better feel for the true count.

I've been out of the circuit for a while after some large swings with KO, a system I had down cold. I appreciate the work on this and I'll now be heading to the hotel room to practice the tags. Should be simple since I have not played for a while. After that it's off too sunny Las Vegas! Will report back.

UBZ II OS XLS Reference Chart

I have attempted to take Boneuphtoner's UBZ II OS indices and overlay them on a composite basic strategy chart for easy reference.

I have tried to visually call out changes to basic strategy (as well as DAS changes) and note specifically what those changes are, and at what IRC they occur, via "comments" within the individual cells.

Now being a relative newbie, I've interpreted the indices at times using "Swindler's logic" - (which isn't always infallible but none the less...)

Any Corrections - (especially around the Hard 12s and 13s) is appreciated.

Thanks! :joker:

Attachments

Thanks Folks!

I'd correct the error but I think editing is turned off - don't think its worth uploading a new xls - now that it been called out -

:joker:

I use Hi-Lo, but after reading some on this thread, would like to give this version of UBZ2 a shot. Here's my question. My local center is an 8 deck game. Should I use the same betting ramp as a 6 deck (key count -6, pivot 0, advantage +6, rogue +8, starting point -24)???

arrando

steamboat1983 said:
I use Hi-Lo, but after reading some on this thread, would like to give this version of UBZ2 a shot. Here's my question. My local center is an 8 deck game. Should I use the same betting ramp as a 6 deck (key count -6, pivot 0, advantage +6, rogue +8, starting point -24)???
You mean you use ko? And what's a rogue point?

No. I'd like to see how an unbalanced count goes. I've been using Hi-Lo so far, but would like to move to a level two. With the count not using a true count conversion, I feel the transition may be a little easier.

The Rogue count I saw on the first post of the thread.

I was just wondering if the 6 deck and 8 deck starting, pivot, etc points would be the same, or if they'd be a little different? My local center (5 minutes from where I live) is an 8 deck game.

arrando said:
You mean you use ko? And what's a rogue point?
arrando, steamboat1983 uses hi-low and now wants to switch to ubz2.

Mimosine said:
To simplify betting and indices we need to develop a Key Count (defined where we first have the advantage) and for V0.5 we will define two additional points; first - "Advantage" where we have a TC on average of +4, and a second upper level "Rogue" where we have a TC on average of +6.
steamboat1983, ubz2 is a very good system. Just keep drilling on the level 2 tags and you will get good at it.

Regarding your question about 8 deck bet ramp, hopefully Mimosine, nightspirit, or boneuphtoner or anyone who has the answer can help you out.

I actually finally got a blackjack book (Blackbelt In Blackjack). The Red 7 count is starting to sway me. I'll probably get some practice in a few systems before I decide totally what I want. Leaning though towards staying with hi-lo, or switching to Red 7

steamboat1983 said:
I actually finally got a blackjack book (Blackbelt In Blackjack). The Red 7 count is starting to sway me. I'll probably get some practice in a few systems before I decide totally what I want. Leaning though towards staying with hi-lo, or switching to Red 7
Red7 is better.