VooDoo doll

blackchipjim

I going to relate a short story here for the sake of voodoo. I was taking a small break recently and sat down at vp machine with an ok paytable. The guy a couple machines down was hitting jackpot after jackpot. I was amazed since my machine was barely keeping me alive. I look up and there is a small voodoo doll on top of the machine. I laugh and take the doll and put it into my pocket thinking this is my lucky voodoo doll. I was wrong and my variance went down the tubes. I just want to warn anyone not to pick up voodoo dolls left behind because they hurt you not help. If you find a rabbits foot in Vegas please send it back to me via fedex I lost mine there.:cry:

Gamblor

blackchipjim said:
I going to relate a short story here for the sake of voodoo. I was taking a small break recently and sat down at vp machine with an ok paytable. The guy a couple machines down was hitting jackpot after jackpot. I was amazed since my machine was barely keeping me alive. I look up and there is a small voodoo doll on top of the machine. I laugh and take the doll and put it into my pocket thinking this is my lucky voodoo doll. I was wrong and my variance went down the tubes. I just want to warn anyone not to pick up voodoo dolls left behind because they hurt you not help. If you find a rabbits foot in Vegas please send it back to me via fedex I lost mine there.:cry:
Your karma overwhelmed your vodoo. You should have returned the vodoo doll to the lost and found.

shadroch

How about if you only take the doll out after two consecutive wins?
I tried this very thing on my kitchen table and it worked 153 out of 301 times. I think I might be on to something. I should start a seperate thread on this, I don't believe this has ever been discussed on a public forum.

MangoJ

If you are a little further in VP (Voodoo play), you know that voodoo dolls are cursed.

No surprise of loss when picking someone elses dolls. As in every VP game: preparation is crucial before play. Read books, make your own thoughts and simulations, and you will be a feared Voodoo player.

blackchipjim

The doll

The doll was bad and was thrown out after a short time. I'm not a superstitous person but the negativity after putting it into my pocket was noticable. It actually did kinda freak me out finding it on top of the machine. I keep my rabbits foot with me when going to play but everyone knows that's for good luck. My wife has a moon beam bag that we are suppose to shake at the full moons and money and good luck are suppose to follow. The last time I shook the bag for her since she wasn't home I hit for a grand at a local joint the next day?

shadroch

blackchipjim said:
The doll was bad and was thrown out after a short time. I'm not a superstitous person but the negativity after putting it into my pocket was noticable. It actually did kinda freak me out finding it on top of the machine. I keep my rabbits foot with me when going to play but everyone knows that's for good luck. My wife has a moon beam bag that we are suppose to shake at the full moons and money and good luck are suppose to follow. The last time I shook the bag for her since she wasn't home I hit for a grand at a local joint the next day?
I bet the dealer was a blonde. Happens evert time.

Friendo

You're not doing it right.

Make 9 voodoo dolls, each twice the size of the previous one.

Start with the smallest voodoo doll. If you lose the bet, put out the next larger doll, twice the size, while doubling your bet. Repeat as many times as you continue to lose the bet. You'll eventually recoup your original bet, because the ever-stronger voodoo of the larger dolls overwhelms any negative flow from the slot machine.

No voodoo can be beaten 9 times in a row, because the slot machines are digital, and a byte is 8 bits - 9 straight zeros can't come up.

You're welcome.

kewljason

blackchipjim said:
The doll was bad and was thrown out after a short time. I'm not a superstitous person but the negativity after putting it into my pocket was noticable. It actually did kinda freak me out finding it on top of the machine.
This was actually the second time that day the doll was discarded for lack of productivity. You think you just happened apon the doll mistakenly left behind, when in fact he had been "fired" and given his walking papers. :laugh:

I have seen slot players line up trolls, rabbits feet , crystal pyramids all while wearing their lucky shirt and hat. And although I have never played bingo, these folks are notorious for this 'goofyness'. But in all my time of playing blackjack, including early years at low limit tables where people are filled with ploppyness and all sorts of goofyness, I have never seen a lucky troll doll at the blackjack table. :confused::) Thank goodness.

Dyepaintball12

Okay, hold on. You better make sure you have a proper rabbit's foot.

First, not any foot from a rabbit will do: it is the left hind foot of a rabbit that is useful as a charm.

Second, not any left hind foot of a rabbit will do; the rabbit must have been shot or otherwise captured in a cemetery.

Third, at least according to some sources, not any left hind foot of a rabbit shot in a cemetery will do: the phase of the moon is also important. Some authorities say that the rabbit must be taken in the full moon, while others hold instead that the rabbit must be taken in the new moon. Some sources say instead that the rabbit must be taken on a Friday, or a rainy Friday, or Friday the 13th. Some sources say that the rabbit should be shot with a silver bullet, while others say that the foot must be cut off while the rabbit is still alive.

kewljason

Dyepaintball12 said:

First, not any foot from a rabbit will do: it is the left hind foot of a rabbit that is useful as a charm.

Second, not any left hind foot of a rabbit will do; the rabbit must have been shot or otherwise captured in a cemetery.

Third, at least according to some sources, not any left hind foot of a rabbit shot in a cemetery will do: the phase of the moon is also important. Some authorities say that the rabbit must be taken in the full moon, while others hold instead that the rabbit must be taken in the new moon. Some sources say instead that the rabbit must be taken on a Friday, or a rainy Friday, or Friday the 13th. Some sources say that the rabbit should be shot with a silver bullet, while others say that the foot must be cut off while the rabbit is still alive.

How is it that a rabbit's foot even came to be known as lucky? Doesn't seem to have been that lucky for the rabbit. :confused::laugh:

ohbehave

kewljason said:
This was actually the second time that day the doll was discarded for lack of productivity. You think you just happened apon the doll mistakenly left behind, when in fact he had been "fired" and given his walking papers. :laugh:

I have seen slot players line up trolls, rabbits feet , crystal pyramids all while wearing their lucky shirt and hat. And although I have never played bingo, these folks are notorious for this 'goofyness'. But in all my time of playing blackjack, including early years at low limit tables where people are filled with ploppyness and all sorts of goofyness, I have never seen a lucky troll doll at the blackjack table. :confused::) Thank goodness.
Could this be something an AP could use to his advantage? Poker players bring lucky crap to the tables. Would it maybe make us look like a superstitious ploppy and throw off the pit, or maybe bring too much attention.

Katweezel

Dyepaintball12 said:

The best rabbit foot of all to get is the right side back one of the pesky wabbit that Elmer Fudd has been trying to shotgun for decades... Bugs Bunny. But Bugs don't hang around cemeteries. ;)

pogostick

blackchipjim said:
I sat my voodoo doll beside my machine & ended up taking it to the back alley & beat the hell out of it. LOL:whip::laugh:

Katweezel

pogostick said:
I sat my voodoo doll beside my machine & ended up taking it to the back alley & beat the hell out of it. LOL:whip::laugh:
LOL... You might come under scrutiny here for apparently advocating violence to solve a voodoo problem. This might lead to unknown consequences, such as voodoo karma. (You never heard of voodoo karma?)... Frankly, beating the hell out of it may not have been your best option. Setting fire to it on an altar, drowning it, or running your car over it 13 times would have appeased the Voodoo gods a lot more. See if you can retrieve it from the trash. Then stick a pin in its head. Then choose one of the above. That should restore the sacred flow of cards and reset your slots mojo. No charge. :joker:

pogostick

Katweezel said:
LOL... You might come under scrutiny here for apparently advocating violence to solve a voodoo problem. This might lead to unknown consequences, such as voodoo karma. (You never heard of voodoo karma?)... Frankly, beating the hell out of it may not have been your best option. Setting fire to it on an altar, drowning it, or running your car over it 13 times would have appeased the Voodoo gods a lot more. See if you can retrieve it from the trash. Then stick a pin in its head. Then choose one of the above. That should restore the sacred flow of cards and reset your slots mojo. No charge. :joker:
I tried to make it apologize & took it to the crap table, ended up back in the alley . :whip:

aslan

A voodoo doll representing who? You have to know who the voodoo doll represents. What good would an ordinary voodoo doll do for a slot machine? I have a voodoo slot machine doll. Now you're cooking. You set it to jackpot and it does the rest.

PS-- You still have to feed the machine with dollars. But you are guaranteed to win money or your money back. That's what the instructions that come with it say anyway.

PSS-- You can use a voodoo doll representing someone at the table you do not like. Just watch, They will make some excuse and leave soon, perhaps complaining about a headache.

PSS-- You can also use a voodoo doll representing someone in the pit crew. Try it. They will become ill and leave the floor.

PSSS-- If your doll had pins, use them sparingly. The reason for this should be self-explanatory.