OG and other stuff

Kasi

'This and the other two threads with the Oscars Grind discussion have been closed. if anyone has non-inflammatory comments to make about Oscars Grind, open a new thread and we'll give it a fresh try.
I don't get it.

Ban 3 threads because they are inflammatory without identifying any individuals who were inflammatory?

When is the last time you banned an entire thread, let alone 3, because they were inflammatory?

Is there no individual responsibility left?

Since when are threads inflammatory but not individuals?

Is it more OK to be a jerk in Voodoo because Voodoo seems to be belittled by many because its somehow in voodoo's nature and somehow excuses being a jerk in your opinion?

I'd prefer to think I can be a jerk in any thread I choose to be a jerk in but that only I would be banned for being a jerk in whatever forum I was a jerk in rather than a thread being banned just because I, or others, were the jerk(s) in your opinion.

What's the problem - there were so many jerks posting over 3 threads for so many days you couldn't identify at least one jerk sooner and ban him for a second or so

Are you giving me more of a "cart-blanche" than otherwise of being a jerk just because this is "voodoo" and somehow not as worthy as pursuing discussions of betting systems in BJ, how long they might expect to last with so much roll, if any software can answer that or OG in even-money-games?
(Like I still don't think OG applies to BJ lol)?

There were alot of good points made (imho) in those 3 threads that I wanted to reply to, and ask about, but now can't and don't even choose to start another thread replying to them just because it seems so you will inevitably later ban the thread just because one or more people may happen to cross whatever line it that exists in your mind that is inflammatory in that thread.

Yeah - I get too get extremely bored by all that general simplistic "voodoo overcomes HA" pontificated by individuals who choose to not address my question of how long will a betting system last with how many units of roll crap too but so what?

If you think people went over the line at any point in any of those 3 threads you closed, then why not, next time, ban each offending individual for an hour or day or two? Ideally at the time it happens or shortly therwafte?. But don't close a thread just because there may be more jerks than not replying to multiple threads in your opinion.

Personally, my threshold is I don't really care if someone calls me an "idiot" or not, as disparaging as it perhaps may be, but I'd rather be able to respiond to his opinion in as objective fashion as I could muster up rather than the thread being terminated so I couldn't.

"Idiot" to me is just a way of expressing an opinion that may disagree with mine lol. No big deal.

Questioning my or my mother's sexuality, threatening me, etc, is one thing.I won't like that lol.

Someone calling me an "idiot", just me, is fine with me lol. Half the time I end up agreeing with them anyway lmao.

OK- I'd probably prefer rather a less pejorative term than "idiot" but it's really pretty generic to me.

Maybe something more like "I respectfully disagree with your stated opinion" would be better.

So I hereby do "respectfully disagree with your stated opinion" on banning these 3 threads without assigning any blame to individuals.

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
The problem with leaving the threads open is that it encourages people to quote the problematic messages and continue the flaming. If you want to respond to any of the points raised in the threads, please do start a new clean thread.

Past experience has shown this to be a more effective method of controlling the problem.