High Cards at the Beginning

In practice hands (for no apparent reason) my count usually trends to the negative near the beginning of the deck. So how do you handle situations where all the high-cards have clumped together at the beginning of the shoe.

On the one hand this results in negative count which suggests walking away. But it's the High Cards that give you the favorable advantage. So REALLY your winning whenever the first-derrivative of (the_count / time) is negative. We simply bet more when there is a HIGH count because it's more LIKELY the change in the count will be negative.

If all the high cards come out first and you don't expect it you could bet your minumum and win untill the count starts going up again and then wait for the next shoe. This seems pretty un-scientific but it may be the one time the 'Gamblers Fallacy' is NOT fallacy...

What if your expecting the high cards to come out first? This actually happend to me once because they'd all been clumped together for the previous shoe, and I was able to follow them through the shuffle. Now you have a premium advantage - you get the highcards without having to wait through the low cards. But what do you bet and for how long?

Based on my reading so far - these situations are 'lost-oppertunities' that fall through the cracks of card-counting. Being able to capitlize on them would be huge. Otherwise it's just a lost deck/shoe that will never have a good positive count.

Thanks Raven,

If you know there are a lot of tens clumped together I'd imagine thats even better than counting.

And if you don't but you just happen to be getting quite a few at the beginning just take all the wins and walk away when it gets too low, theres nothing else you can do... unless you want to take a gamble on the hope that more tens are coming out.