hi-lo ace side count

Jack_Black

psyduck said:
Hmmm. I think I start to understand your HiLoLo system. I believe if you use the ace side count also for playing decisions, it will be even stronger!
For systems that truly need the ASC, it used for betting purposes only. You take out ace adjusted TC and refer back to true TC for playing decisions. The only other time I would use the ASC for playing was when I used to use the victor insurance parameter for a more accurate insurance call.

Jack_Black said:
For systems that truly need the ASC, it used for betting purposes only. You take out ace adjusted TC and refer back to true TC for playing decisions. The only other time I would use the ASC for playing was when I used to use the victor insurance parameter for a more accurate insurance call.
Ace density is very important for many hand match ups. How would you change your decision on doubling 10 v T if the deck was ace poor. How about ace rich. You know the dealer doesn't have an ace under, he already checked. What about soft doubling 17, 18 or 19. Splitting 99 v A. How about doubling 8 or 9 v 5. I could go on.

tthree said:
Ace density is very important for many hand match ups. How would you change your decision on doubling 10 v T if the deck was ace poor. How about ace rich. You know the dealer doesn't have an ace under, he already checked. What about soft doubling 17, 18 or 19. Splitting 99 v A. How about doubling 8 or 9 v 5. I could go on.
To adequately asses those ops with ASC requires a bivaluate index adjustment, and if that is the case the 7s are far more valuable than As. zg

zengrifter said:
To adequately asses those ops with ASC requires a bivaluate index adjustment, and if that is the case the 7s are far more valuable than As. zg
That might be useful information in a thread about side counting sevens.

Jack_Black

tthree said:
I've only read literature on playing ASC for betting only. is there an indices chart for playing with ASC? so to answer your question, I would go with the default TC index play for each hand disregarding the ASC as I only used it for increasing/decreasing my bet at the time. I would think that hands such as T v T, and soft doubling on 17-19 are dependent upon how ten rich the deck is for busting the dealer.

Jack_Black said:
I've only read literature on playing ASC for betting only. is there an indices chart for playing with ASC? so to answer your question, I would go with the default TC index play for each hand disregarding the ASC as I only used it for increasing/decreasing my bet at the time. I would think that hands such as T v T, and soft doubling on 17-19 are dependent upon how ten rich the deck is for busting the dealer.
For play adjustments with ace side count each significant hand match up has a value for the surplus ace. Sometimes 1, 2 or 3. You multiply the number of surplus (or deficit) aces by this value and temporarily add (or subtract) from the RC to get the playing TC to apply to your normal index. The density of tens is already in the RC (note I use HIOPT II with ace side). This density is confused by the density of aces with HILO. An ace side count might be used in an opposite fashion in HILO since aces are included in the RC. Maybe CP will finally talk about how to undo the ace damage to the RC when it is bad card for the player's hand (or good for the dealers).