Double Back Jack

Dyepaintball12

I saw this game today. Rules:

Dealer 22 pushes all bets.

Blackjack pays 2-1.

21 wins automatically

6 decks, DOA, DAS. Not sure about RSA or LS

If you have a hand and bust, you can bet again (same amount) and receive another card. You subtract the new card from the value of your last hand.

Examples:

You bet $5 and get a 16 and hit and get a 10 for a 26. You now bet $5 and receive a 5. You subtract 5 from 26 and you now have a 21. You get paid automatically.

You bet $5 and get a 16 and hit and get a 10 for a 26. You bet $5 and get a 10 and you now have a 16 and can't hit anymore.

You bet $5 and get a 16 and hit and get a 10 for a 26. You get a 2, leaving you with 24 and you lose both bets.

I tried to figure out the house edge but not sure how to value the busting rule:

BJ pays 2-1: +2.27%
Dealer Push on 22: -6.92%

That "undouble" is really interesting. We would probably hit our 12,13 v 4-6 and then just undouble after we bust. My guess is that the game can't be beaten though. As the count goes up our "undoubles" become less and less effective.

jack.jackson

Dyepaintball12 said:
I saw this game today. Rules:

Dealer 22 pushes all bets.

Blackjack pays 2-1.

21 wins automatically

6 decks, DOA, DAS. Not sure about RSA or LS

If you have a hand and bust, you can bet again (same amount) and receive another card. You subtract the new card from the value of your last hand.

Examples:

You bet $5 and get a 16 and hit and get a 10 for a 26. You now bet $5 and receive a 5. You subtract 5 from 26 and you now have a 21. You get paid automatically.

You bet $5 and get a 16 and hit and get a 10 for a 26. You bet $5 and get a 10 and you now have a 16 and can't hit anymore.

You bet $5 and get a 16 and hit and get a 10 for a 26. You get a 2, leaving you with 24 and you lose both bets.

I tried to figure out the house edge but not sure how to value the busting rule:

BJ pays 2-1: +2.27%
Dealer Push on 22: -6.92%
Provided you could receive a card following a bust.

I wonder if Doubling H12 verse a 5 or 6 would be profitable sometimes since you couldnt bust? Not to mention, two shots at a Pat-hand. Plus, four times your original bet!?!

It seems hitting Hard 12's verses a bust card, nevertheless would be the correct strategy.

Figuring the HE, is one thing, now the basic stategy with the indexes :yikes: