this sounds dumb ,but....

stopgambling

Can i try to avoid neg. variance when even with good counts if i happen to not able to get the cards but having them going to the other players .Instead,i should stop to break the inevitable bad sequence that is bound to happen to everybody by going some other tables or simply taking a break. I know i can not avoid it at the end. But wanting to delay it longer because my assumption can be right for this dreaded session.I say this because i played many shoes of baccarat which is a neg. expectation game with the banker bet having an approx. 2.5% edge over player bet,yet in a short 80-200 hands or so i have seen the player bet despited having a -2,5%(approx.)disadvantage can come out 20-ish to 50-ish more then banker .That would be like losing 20-50 big bets in about 200 handsin blackjack. Often i step away to witness a session that could have wipe me out ,then survived to fight another day which i was able to hit positive variance to bump up my winning until the day i hit the neg. variance which i know i cannot avoid because it is statistic.maybe i can use this temporary larger br to overbet slightly ,say 20% bigger for a short period of then come back to proper bet side to build my br faster.???!!! please ,give me some thoughts and valuable inputs everybody ??!!!i know i sound stupid but just want to throw this out cause it has been on my mind . i want to stop gambling so i try to learn a.p.,i have been practicing for a year both watching and playing live (very small ). p.s. sorry for my english :eek:

Your english isnt bad at all. If it is your second language you did well. Bankroll management is just as important, if not more important, than the rest of AP play. If you overbet your BR thats one of the surest ways to lose your BR. You may get lucky but why risk it.

caramel6

advice needed

tthree said:
Your english isnt bad at all. If it is your second language you did well. Bankroll management is just as important, if not more important, than the rest of AP play. If you overbet your BR thats one of the surest ways to lose your BR. You may get lucky but why risk it.
What spread would you suggest: Wonging only on tc3,8 decks, reasonable pen Euro rules: no hole card,double any 2 cards, split resplit Aces, insurance against bj.

Spread determination

Spread is often best determined by heat. Bankroll considerations also figure prominently. If you are only playing at TC +3 or higher you are probably always at an advantage. I didnt see what counting system you are using. A small spread should be profitable. I will leave it to others to quantify as I dont feel my expertise allows a reliable answer to that specific question.

blackjacktilt

stopgambling said:
Can i try to avoid neg. variance when even with good counts if i happen to not able to get the cards but having them going to the other players .Instead,i should stop to break the inevitable bad sequence that is bound to happen to everybody by going some other tables or simply taking a break. I know i can not avoid it at the end. But wanting to delay it longer because my assumption can be right for this dreaded session.I say this because i played many shoes of baccarat which is a neg. expectation game with the banker bet having an approx. 2.5% edge over player bet,yet in a short 80-200 hands or so i have seen the player bet despited having a -2,5%(approx.)disadvantage can come out 20-ish to 50-ish more then banker .That would be like losing 20-50 big bets in about 200 handsin blackjack. Often i step away to witness a session that could have wipe me out ,then survived to fight another day which i was able to hit positive variance to bump up my winning until the day i hit the neg. variance which i know i cannot avoid because it is statistic.maybe i can use this temporary larger br to overbet slightly ,say 20% bigger for a short period of then come back to proper bet side to build my br faster.???!!! please ,give me some thoughts and valuable inputs everybody ??!!!i know i sound stupid but just want to throw this out cause it has been on my mind . i want to stop gambling so i try to learn a.p.,i have been practicing for a year both watching and playing live (very small ). p.s. sorry for my english :eek:

You don't sound stupid, that word is too harsh. Just uneducated and I'm not taking a shot at you. Get away from the Voodoo Board. There is alot of helpful material here. Good luck.