Slot Slutting for TR Offers

darco77

The Magic is Over

It seems the gravy train has run its course. I haven't received a new offer in about 5 months, and the last offers I did receive expired a few months ago. This includes mailers and online deals.

Since my last new offer, I've given them 3 sessions at 3 venues in 2 different markets. Total action for these 3 sessions was about $4k - with the smallest of them being $1500 - thus making them greater than or equal to my sessions when I was getting offers. This leads me to believe I may have been blackballed.

But why? The only thing I can think of that was out of the ordinary took place during my last room comp. I had a serious emergency arise and had to leave a day early. Amid the manic frustration that comes with quickly packing and changing a flight, I chose to check out of the hotel early. In retrospect, I should have put the keys in the room and just left.

Now I suspect that checking out early may have triggered something in their system, pissed of the comp gods, or something similar. If anyone has any insight on this, please share.

WRX

First, check your offers through the Web site. I've had room offers appear online for which I never got mailers. Can't explain.

Second, how recent was your recent play? I've noticed a pretty substantial delay in the impact on offers after a big play at a CET place. And mailers commonly arrive three or four months ahead of the dates for which the offers are good.

If all else fails, call VIP services at a property at which you've played, and ask what's the story. No risk in that, apart from the risk of embarrassment.

Machinist

Darco,
WRX is right, call them. Better yet can you visit a local affiliated store.? No since sneaking around, just look them in the eye and tell them what you would like.
I have found beating around the bush is kind of useless. You really need to spell it out for them. One way or another you will find if there are issues.....

Machinist

all risk & no reward

One of the problems with playing for comps is you risk the play and hope for a return that may not come. Probably this risk is rarely considered.

darco77

Thanks for the replies.

WRX said:
First, check your offers through the Web site. I've had room offers appear online for which I never got mailers. Can't explain.
In my case, I was getting more online offers than mailers. Regardless, the TR website matches my physical mailbox. There's absolutely nothing.

WRX said:
Second, how recent was your recent play? I've noticed a pretty substantial delay in the impact on offers after a big play at a CET place. And mailers commonly arrive three or four months ahead of the dates for which the offers are good.
My most recent play was about 2 months ago. I noticed a substantial delay when I first began this "project", but this is the first time the well has gone completely dry.

WRX said:
If all else fails, call VIP services at a property at which you've played, and ask what's the story. No risk in that, apart from the risk of embarrassment.
Machinist said:
WRX is right, call them. Better yet can you visit a local affiliated store.?
Embarrassment? :eek: What's that? :) My thoughts were wait until I hit 3 months from my last play until giving them a call. I may push that date forward, however, as I can't see how it would hurt. If there is a problem, I hope they'll be honest with me about it. At this point, information trumps a free room.

flyingwind

I don't see why checking out a day early would cause blackballing. After all, you played. You didn't stiff them. Why would any place blackball a slot slut? (forgive me that I called you a slut)

kewljason

What about this scenario? Earlier this year I rented out my home for several big weekends. (new years, superbowl, St patty's/March madness weekend) I booked comped rooms and moved into an Evil Empire location each time. After stiffing them with little or no play, the first 2 times, they did not honor my comp upon check in on the third. I know they have a right to pull comps, but if they make you an offer and you accept and have a printout with confirmation number stating comped, balance due 0.00, isn't that some sort of breech of contract?

darco77

kewljason said:
... isn't that some sort of breech of contract?
Likely it is. My understanding of contract law, however, is that it's a cloudy subject. From what I've gathered from friends who practice law, the enforceability of a contract is equally proportional to one's legal bankroll. :flame:

bj21abc

comped room stay switches on day counter ?

Seem to be a couple of conflicting opinions out there - if you stay in a comped TR room - does that trigger a "day" in your trip thus lowering your ADT ? (if all you do is stay in the hotel - no use of your players card)

flyingwind

kewljason said:
What about this scenario? Earlier this year I rented out my home for several big weekends. (new years, superbowl, St patty's/March madness weekend) I booked comped rooms and moved into an Evil Empire location each time. After stiffing them with little or no play, the first 2 times, they did not honor my comp upon check in on the third. I know they have a right to pull comps, but if they make you an offer and you accept and have a printout with confirmation number stating comped, balance due 0.00, isn't that some sort of breech of contract?
were you informed on check in or check out?