Mobile software

QFIT

I am looking at the possibility of various mobile software solutions in the BJ arena. I think I have a method of supporting the majority of devices without submitting to Apple’s onerous policies and have acquired software toward that end. This has been the major hang-up. I am taking a vacation from posting here for a few months, as I am not comfortable in the current situation. Seems I have a few stalkers that are beyond control. Hey, it happens. But, I am more than open to requests and opinions in the mobile BJ software area. I am always available at [email protected].

luck,
norm

bejammin075

I think practice drills will be a main benefit

I haven't found any good droid phone BJ aps. There a lots of BJ aps but the ones I found (and paid for) are deficient in one way or another. One had Zen count available, but the graphics and play sucked, and I don't think it could use my personalized indexes. So any training was going to have me adjusting to a different set of indexes, which I definitely do not want to do. Another BJ ap was OK, but if I turned off the screen, it would shut the program off, I found out angrily when I got a chance to turn the screen back on. Several times I didn't get a chance to place those max bets. After that happens a few times, the program is too frustrating to continue playing. Another BJ ap had a pretty nice look and play, but didn't support Zen.

Assuming that there will be various practice drills available in the proposed ap, I have a suggestion for the simple drill of adding up hand totals. Make available the option to have hands displayed that total 21, and also busted hand totals. I think that would be good training for being mentally prepared for some types of dealer errors, like you have a 5 card 21, and the dealer has a 20 and pushes with you. Or the dealer has a 5 card 22 and takes your bet. Right now I'm training on CVBJ, and I was noticing that the "Add up Hands" drill has hand totals that are capped at 20, so I can't get that rapid repetitive drilling of what those 21 and up card configurations look like.

My thoughts on the ideal phone ap: The flashcard drills, with customizable indexes (maybe load on phone with a file?) would be awesome. Drills involving looking at a discard pile are probably not going to be graphically useful, so I'm thinking the phone is not the ideal place for training on discard pile estimation. The Full Table Drills would be nice, and also the Counting Drills. And a realistic full game environment would be awesome as well. What about quick access to all those charts and graphs you've produced over the years? As in, a little reference library. It's probably beyond the scope of a phone to run sims, but maybe a core portion of some canned sims could be accessible somehow? I hope that's not too long of a wish-list.

Jack_Black

No way bejammin, sorry. The real benefit would be for pros and semi pros who need CVCX on the fly to check and make sure a game/strategy is worthwhile. I don't know how many times I've had to go all the way back to my hotel room to use cvdata or CVCX quickly to determince the lucrativeness (is that a word?) of a situation. I'm not so sure how you would put CVdata into mobile form, but CVCX I'm sure would be easy. probably because I've seen so many Poker Odds calculator apps that I would assume BJ calcs should be just as plentiful.

Perhaps a small separate app for drills, but I've already seen a card counting app for apple that was decent. I think it just had KO, hilo, and HO1. and it could show/hide BS decisions and tell you how far off from the TC you were or not.

also, can you please reconsider posting again, if only for a minute? I started a thread on the inner workings/conspiracy of the hedge fund industry and would love to hear your opinion about it, since you have first hand experience.

QFIT said:
I am looking at the possibility of various mobile software solutions in the BJ arena. I think I have a method of supporting the majority of devices without submitting to Apple’s onerous policies and have acquired software toward that end. This has been the major hang-up. I am taking a vacation from posting here for a few months, as I am not comfortable in the current situation. Seems I have a few stalkers that are beyond control. Hey, it happens. But, I am more than open to requests and opinions in the mobile BJ software area. I am always available at [email protected].

luck,
norm
Can you get DonS to fill in while you are away?

I seem to recall that you once had a PDA app? No? zg