Neteller Canada too....

Neteller, PLC who is already suffering with the loss of United States business has now officially announced that both Canadian and Turkish customers will no longer be allowed to transfer to online gambling sites. Here is the Candian portion of the release that appears on Neteller's web site as of last night. It is recommended that all Neteller clients withdraw any monies they have in the account now to avoid the same kind of issues the United States customers are going through now.

Did NETELLER stop allowing Canadian members to make fund transfers with online gambling sites?
With a recent review of its service to Canadian members, NETELLER announced that members who reside in Canada will no longer be able to transfer funds to and from online gambling sites. Read the most recent press release.

When is the last day that I can transfer funds with an online gambling site?
On April 9, 2007 all transfers to and from online gambling sites will be disabled for Canadian members.

Why did NETELLER make this decision?
NETELLER decided to cease online gambling transactions for Canadian members due to increased uncertainty about the status of certain activities related to online gambling in Canada.

How do I know if I am a Canadian member?
If your registered address with NETELLER is located in Canada, you are considered a Canadian member and all of the changes indicated here apply to you.

Will my NETELLER account be closed?
No. You will still be able to use your NETELLER account to securely send funds to friends and family with our peer-to-peer service, transfer funds to non-gambling sites and withdraw funds from your NETELLER account at an ATM using the NETELLER Card.

Is my money safe in my NETELLER account?
Yes. NETELLER keeps all members’ funds by holding the value in segregated trust accounts. As the largest independent online money transfer business in the world, we maintain our head office in Europe and are a publicly quoted company on the London Stock Exchange. NETELLER (UK) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Am I required to withdraw my money from NETELLER?
No, there is no requirement for Canadian members to withdraw their funds from their e-wallet accounts.

Can I still use NETELLER services like Peer-to-Peer and the NETELLER Card?
Yes. You will still be able to send and receive money with our secure peer-to-peer network and you will still be able to withdraw your funds at ATMs with the NETELLER Card. The changes in service to our Canadian members only affect the ability to transfer funds with online gambling sites and to use the instaCASH deposit option.

I am a resident of Canada. Can I still become a NETELLER member?
Yes. The current changes to NETELLER’s business in Canada have no effect on the sign up process.

Why can’t I access my instaCASH funds in my NETELLER account?
NETELLER has made a policy and technical change that has disabled instaCASH for Canadian members.

Will I be able to use instaCASH again?
No decisions have been made regarding the future availability of this product.

How can Canadian members find out about changes to their NETELLER services?
All members will continue to have access to this FAQ site for answers to the most commonly asked questions.

Who can I contact for assistance?
If your question has not been answered by this FAQ, or if you require further assistance, please contact NETELLER Customer Service.

halcyon1234

Well, there goes my "Move to Canada" argument.

Although I am curious as to what this "increased uncertainty about the status of certain activities related to online gambling in Canada" they are talking about is. This hasn't even been raised as a big issue! There's no "Safe Harbour Act, Eh" on the dockets or anything.

Maybe I'm seeing conspiracy where there isn't-- but doesn't this just reek of conspiracy? I think someone in the states has a vendetta against Neteller. First they just happen to kidnap-- urr-- arrest some ex-ceos. Then they coerce-- urr-- kindly ask Neteller to stop sending money to online gambling sites. Then they steal-- urr-- legally tie up a whole bunch of Neteller US funds. And now they've coerved-- urr-- convinced Neteller to stop dealing with Canadians due to "we're going to break your legs"-- urr-- "increased uncertainty blah blah blah".

Well, looks like the first few days of April will be very busy for me. I've got a whole bunch of monthly bonuses to hit before the 9th! =)