best 6D BJ on the strip???

ok funny story..... a friend and my self are playing BJ at a $10 table at MGM. We both play a double on a loss. I play 10-25-55-125. My friend loss his buy in and I was up $20. He really wanted to go so I said let me play 1 more hand. $10 down and I get a A4 dealer has a k showing, My friend is like lets go.....so I dd with my last $10 making me even...if I lose....not a bad bet I thought. Well the dealer got so mad....kept asking me if I knew what I was doing.....thats not how to play....I'm messing up the table.....so I look over and the other 2 guys at the table have about $50 each out on the table. And not I feel bad....So I asked "guys is this ok with you...I'll pull it back" they were like it's your money. So then she calls the pitBoss over, and tells him the story. He's like ok and stands there for the play....so I get a 6....the other two guys stay...and the dealer has K5....and then a 10...So we all won...and I left with my money. Seemed like a lot of heat for a $10 bet.....
Jay

laser3003 said:
ok funny story..... a friend and my self are playing BJ at a $10 table at MGM. We both play a double on a loss. I play 10-25-55-125. My friend loss his buy in and I was up $20. He really wanted to go so I said let me play 1 more hand. $10 down and I get a A4 dealer has a k showing, My friend is like lets go.....so I dd with my last $10 making me even...if I lose....not a bad bet I thought. Well the dealer got so mad....kept asking me if I knew what I was doing.....thats not how to play....I'm messing up the table.....so I look over and the other 2 guys at the table have about $50 each out on the table. And not I feel bad....So I asked "guys is this ok with you...I'll pull it back" they were like it's your money. So then she calls the pitBoss over, and tells him the story. He's like ok and stands there for the play....so I get a 6....the other two guys stay...and the dealer has K5....and then a 10...So we all won...and I left with my money. Seemed like a lot of heat for a $10 bet.....
Jay
You should learn how to play blackjack. You made a horrible play!!!!!!!!!

aslan

tthree said:
You should learn how to play blackjack. You made a horrible play!!!!!!!!!
Does, "I'd rather be lucky than good" apply here? To some extent, I relish my inadvertent stupid plays that win, but I do bemoan my deliberately stupid plays, though much less if I win. Winning a stupid bet except for camo puts one on the path toward increasingly stupider ploppy plays. Dumb and dumber.

Even with inadvertent stupid plays, you have to ask yourself, "What was I thinking? Pay attention, stupid!" :confused::whip: