Kim Lee Chat

BJ celebrity and legend Kim Lee will be a special Chat Guest on May 27, a Thursday. This will be a moderated chat. More to come on Kim Lee and his history and specialties, credits etc.:cool:

CP

Last edited:
creeping panther said:
BJ celebrity and legend Kim Lee with be a special Chat Guest on May 27, a Thursday. This will be a moderated chat. More to come on Kim Lee and his history and specialties, credits etc.:cool:

CP
I'm there!

Dc

Deathclutch said:
Will transcripts be available for those who can't attend?
DC,

Sorry, but Kim does not want this archived in any way.

But,,, he did ask me specifically about you,,,having heard of your great BJ prowess!:grin:;)

Friend,
CP

KimLee

My attention was recently drawn because my skeptical comments on BJ21 about a self-proclaimed pro generated a multipage locked thread here. FWIW, I am a professor who worked on Wall Street, did the optimal departure analysis for Don Schlesinger's Blackjack Attack, coauthored poker books Kill Phil and Kill Everyone, and published research about sports and point spreads.

Here are my suggested topics:
Gambling Frauds (Ask and I'll evaluate them),
The Myth of Professional Card Counting,
The Most Common Counting Mistake (Playing while losing),
The Biggest Counting Mistake (Underbetting),
The Typical Wrong Way and the Right Way to Visit Vegas,
Comparing Counting to Poker, Sports, and other advantage play.

Of course I'm happy to address any mathematical topic, including:

the OPP/Speed Count,
the best single parameter Adjusted KO count {-.5,.5,1,1,1.5,1,.5,0,0,-1},
shuffle-tracking with unbalanced counts,
optimal departure,
Kill Phil poker analyses,
How math and statistics can inform you about playing, bankroll, comps, risk, expenses,
optimal spreading,
certainty equivalent,
getting comp value.

The math questions might be better addressed in forums. If you post questions here then I'll mull them over, and you might get some like-minded to ask helpful follow-ups.

kewljason

Although, I personally am not a big chat room type guy, I will definately attend. You mentioned some interesting topic suggestions. I am always grateful for a chance to learn and improve my game and I thank you in advance Mr Lee, for sharing your time and knowledge.

Deathclutch

creeping panther said:
DC,

Sorry, but Kim does not want this archived in any way.

But,,, he did ask me specifically about you,,,having heard of your great BJ prowess!:grin:;)

Friend,
CP
I'll have to do my best to make sure I can make it then.

And I'm still working on that prowess ;)

sagefr0g

i'm glad Kim intends to be a guest for the chat.

on those topics mentioned i hope to hear some discussion of :

The Biggest Counting Mistake (Under betting)

Getting comp value.

thanks CP for your efforts, once again.

kewljason

sagefr0g said:
i'm glad Kim intends to be a guest for the chat.

on those topics mentioned i hope to hear some discussion of :

The Biggest Counting Mistake (Under betting)

Getting comp value.

thanks CP for your efforts, once again.
'Playing while losing' is the one that really peeked my interest also. Wrong way vs right way to visit vegas sounds interesting as well.

creeping panther said:
BJ celebrity and legend Kim Lee will be a special Chat Guest on May 27, a Thursday. This will be a moderated chat. More to come on Kim Lee and his history and specialties, credits etc.:cool:

CP
I vote it not be moderated. zg

kewljason

zengrifter said:
I vote it not be moderated. zg
:confused: Why? You have something to say that wouldn't be acceptable to the moderator? We have had too many 'discussions' like that recently that benifits noone. I think the moderator is an excellent idea. :laugh:

21forme

In the past, some of the moderated chats were painfully slow, with one question at a time being posted, sitting and waiting for the guest to type his answer...

Think of it in terms of hands per hour. The more, the better.

How about starting off unmoderated, and if things get out of hand, switch in mid-stream?

kewljason

21forme said:
In the past, some of the moderated chats were painfully slow, with one question at a time being posted, sitting and waiting for the guest to type his answer...

How about starting off unmoderated, and if things get out of hand, switch in mid-stream?
Ahh, I see. Not being much of a chat participator, I didn't realize. :eek: My apoligizes to ZG. I thought you were just in one of your troublmaking, instigater moods. :laugh:

KimLee

I have no experience with moderated chats. But I respect what Ken Smith has done with this site, and think moderation might increase communication. I hope moderation doesn't censor questions. For example, I'll tolerate disagreement or flames. But a moderator can collect and condense comments and keep things on a single topic.

You can sent discreet questions by private message.

I'll post overviews in the main forum.

21forme said:

Agree

RJT

You know i've been one of the strongest proponents of the moderators here, but i checked this thread earlier and while all the posts weren't necessarily complimentary of our new chat superstar, there was nothing that warranted deletion - i totally understand and agree that this isn't a democracy and as such is subject to the moderators opinions, but frankly i think i'm done here. The censorship of the people that are widely known to be pros by the mods is getting to the point where if they criticize anyone their posts just disappear under whatever rules the board mods want to utilize at that specific moment. That's fair enough but i'm now clocking out - i'll make use of the chat room where i don't have to deal with that as long as it remains unmoderated, but these boards are essentially a dead zone that i'm not going to even partake in reading anymore.
I'm sad to see this happen and i'm sorry it's come to this but you tread a thin line and walked too far into one side.

RJT.