10 to 1 payout on push

ninous26

Seen this at a local store.. Where if you and the dealer end up with the same card total you get paid a flat 10-1.. Would you use this the same way as LL at only a TC of +7?

I'm no mathematical guru like some other geniuses on this forum.

Looking at Qfit's win, lose, tie chart at various TCs. I eyeball TC < -18 and TC > +4. I am guessing that is HILO. The chart didnt specify.

ninous26

Where did you find that chart?

Again like I said I'm far from a math guru so I used the +7 assuming the shoe is rich in 10 cards so you'lll push on a lot of 20's and some BJ's

A link is in the thread on win percntages. Ill edit this with the thread name.

"Percentage of hands won counting" in the counting section is the thread the link is found. It was submitted by A007. The second post contains the link.

10% pushes is when the bet becomes a non loser.

I just noticed the sim conditions: HILO 6 decks 1.19 cut out S17 DAS LS

Automatic Monkey said:
That is a very complicated sidebet.

Would you hit A6 vs. 7 if you were betting that?
That is an excellent point. Your strategy indices for your TC > +4 would need to be reevaluated. The combination of base bet and side bet might prove profitable before TC +4 or unprofitable until a higher TC.

AM is good at seeing the big picture.:grin:

LovinItAll

tthree said:
That is an excellent point. Your strategy indices for your TC > +4 would need to be reevaluated. The combination of base bet and side bet might prove profitable before TC +4 or unprofitable until a higher TC.

AM is good at seeing the big picture.:grin:
This is anecdotal, but I was playing at a store that offered this bet as a promotion. The players loved it - it isn't offered anymore. The players SWEAR they made "a ton of money", but these may include players that make "a ton of money" playing Lucky 7's, pairs, 5-card promotions, et al.

NightStalker

this is very old bet

and easily available..
playing strategy edge and counting strategy have been evaluated and available on internet several times..

The Chaperone

The break even point is not 10%, it's actually 9.0909%. Is the game H17 or S17? Are you allowed to bet the same amount on the side bet as on the BJ bet (or perhaps even more)?

ninous26 said:
Seen this at a local store.. Where if you and the dealer end up with the same card total you get paid a flat 10-1.. Would you use this the same way as LL at only a TC of +7?

I'm no mathematical guru like some other geniuses on this forum.
1. what is the max. of side bet.
2. both get a Bj = Tie ?
3. the bet size of side bet : can bet freely, regardless the main bet ???
4. spiltted hand : 1 of them is PUSH, so ....?