Paper records at Aria

zoomie

Recently noticed that the Aria, open less than a year, is using paper rating slips and marker records. The other MGM properties I visited were using computers, of course. Why in the world would Aria be using paper? Weird.

zoomie

More info

I should add that the MGM computers are well linked. E.g., a couple of hours after playing at another MGM store I asked the Aria's Players Club desk if my card showed that play, and the answer was correct and precise: 3:17 at an average bet of $128. Why would they not use computers at Aria in the first place?

NightStalker

Network down?

MGM computers are bad::

Hardware is over a decade old, network is too slow. It's too annoying to wait while waiting for little actions on the computer. Probably Aria Pit is smarter and log all data at once in computer or their network is down (not uncommon).

Solo player

21forme said:
I played at Aria last week. I don't recall seeing any paper records being done at that time.
I played a couple of sessions at the 25$ 2DK last week. Everything I noticed in the pit was on paper.

StudiodeKadent

I noticed that both Aria and Bellagio used rating slips, but I always double-checked to see if they rated me correctly. They usually had all the details in the computer within the hour.

At one point, the Bellagio people rated me at $25 when I was playing $30 (I had the shift manager fix that for me), but otherwise I had no problems at all.