How do these rules effect house edge?

Homeschool

I've been trying to figure how playable certain games were and the 2 rules I couldn't find anything about are:

Dealer wins pushes (except for 21)

and

You can recieve another card on split aces, however doubling is required (can double for less though).

Anybody know?

Thanks,

Homeschool

Unshake

Homeschool said:
I've been trying to figure how playable certain games were and the 2 rules I couldn't find anything about are:

Dealer wins pushes (except for 21)

and

You can recieve another card on split aces, however doubling is required (can double for less though).

Anybody know?

Thanks,

Homeschool
For 8 decks, dealer stands on soft 17, player may double on any first two cards, player can double after splitting, player may split to 4 hands: Player losing all pushes 17-20 increases the house edge by 8.38% making the game terrible.

There's a few rule variation's effects listed at http://wizardofodds.com/blackjack.

Homeschool

Actually the game with the "dealer wins pushes" rule also has a "blackjacks pay 2 to 1" rule. I was just curious if the 2/1 rule ( +2.31?%)made up for or out-weighed the pushes. The rest of the rules are: 6 deck, S17, RES4, NRSA,DA2, DAS. Those are all the rules I could find values for. Would be a pretty sweet game if not for the push thing.

The "second card on aces but only with doubling" rule is actually at another place and I just thought I would ask at the same time. I think other rules for that were: 6 deck, S17, RES4, NRSA,DA2, DAS

Thanks

Homeschool

Last edited:

shadroch

Homeschool said:
Actually the game with the "dealer wins pushes" rule also has a "blackjacks pay 2 to 1" rule. I was just curious if the 2/1 rule ( +2.31?%)made up for or out-weighed the pushes. The rest of the rules are: 6 deck, S17, RES4, NRSA,DA2, DAS. Those are all the rules I could find values for. Would be a pretty sweet game if not for the push thing.

In 1,000 hands betting $10 a hand, you would lose about 70 hands that would have been a push for a loss of $700.
In that same amount of hands, you'll recieve about 47 BJs and make an extra $235 for them.

callipygian

Homeschool said:
I was just curious if the 2/1 rule ( +2.31?%)made up for or out-weighed the pushes.
Well, you did have one thing right - all the rules besides "blackjack pays 2:1" and "dealer wins pushes" are completely insignificant compared to these two rules. :grin: