first basing ???

ScottH

sagefr0g said:
what does the term first basing mean. i believe it refers to some advanced technique...:confused:

best regards,
mr fr0g :D
At first base, with certain dealers, you can see the cards as they are dealt out.

Dyepaintball12

You should read "The Counter" by Kevin Blackwood. It is, I believe, the only fiction book on Blackjack ever written, and it explains every kind of advanced technique there is from using shoe computers to first basing and frontloading.

And besides all that, it is a fantastic book!

sagefr0g

Dyepaintball12 said:
You should read "The Counter" by Kevin Blackwood. It is, I believe, the only fiction book on Blackjack ever written, and it explains every kind of advanced technique there is from using shoe computers to first basing and frontloading.

And besides all that, it is a fantastic book!
:laugh: dang i did read it! guess i need to read it again i must have overlooked all that :eek:
i'll check my copy over again... thank you.
there are some other fictional works concerning blackjack. two that i know of well sort of.
i think Blackjack Autumn (haven't read it yet) is a fictional work and Bringing Down the House is fictional but based on some actual true events.

best regards,
mr fr0g :D

shadroch

Sometimes in a pitch game,the dealer pushs the top card up a bit. As they are dealing to the right side of the table,they turn their body in such a way that the first base can see the card.If no-one takes a hit,and the dealer has a made hand,you now know what your first card is going to be.
Doesn't happen often,but its a huge advantage when it does.
I suppose a sophisticated team could really exploit it with 1B signaling the card to the other side but I've never played as a team.