idiots anonymous

should we be allowed a thread for a blackjackinfocom-team.... if it's ok with Ken?

• yea

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • nea

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Canceler

Too many things on your mind...

Kasi said:
Are you using the CVCX sim The Wise One posted rather than our Psims?
Yes, and no. :joker:
I'm using the bet schedule that he provided, which I had entered into PowerSim. (See my post above, my email to you, and the notes on my .sim file. :) )

aslan

Kasi said:
You guys are all doing great - I know I owe a couple of you some stuff.

Anyway, 3898 is the right way Canceller. It's the same becasue win rate*avg bet = $1.17/hand lol.

I think avg bet means avg initial bet and does not count $'s wagered on doubles and splits. So total dollars wagered could be 10% or more above that.

Just like HA is based on initial hand wager and not total $'s wagered.

Anyway, by the Grace of God or not lol, it seems as if our results are not unexpected?

Bear with me lol.
Kasi

I am spreading 1 to 10 as is my custom playing 6 deck. Is it all right to bet $50 TO $500 to make my betting more comparable sizewise to those spreading 1 to 24 with a min bet of $25?

sagefr0g

Kasi said:
Not sure how I missed this before! But it is just what I wanted. I think lol.

Is there any chance that the picture you show has frequencies, etc at counts less than -4? I assume it is for a play-all game? Your picture only shows counts that have a +EV - I assume Canceller/Aslan are playing all hands?

Does CVCX show freq's well below -20 RC? Was -20 the IRC you used for this?

I never liked the Psim results that me and Canceller got (btw Canceller - mine were just about the same as yours) - at least they didn't make much sense to me because they didn't include a large enough range of RC's.

Feel free to either post the pic(s) here or just send them.
good catch lol....
yes your correct just goes down to <-9 though. i slid the sliders and lower counts appear. below are the images of the one i believe Canceller took his bet structure (1-24 spread) and the one i think is similar to aslan's bet structure (1-10 spread).....

edit: this is a canned sim for KO Preferred. i don't know much about KO so i'm not sure what the IRC used for the sim was. i'd imagine it was the IRC the authors in Knock Out Blackjack would have used (before modification for personal preferance's of a given counter).
i think if i had created the sim i could have instructed it to show a larger range of RC's. problem is i'm not well enough versed in KO to try and create a KO sim from scratch.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kasi

sagefr0g said:
this is a canned sim for KO Preferred.
Once again I owe you.

I'm attaching my spsheet for KO players.

It can't include the CVCX pictures sagefrog provided because it gets too big.

Aslan - sure - if you want to go 50-500 fine.

Note: This sim suggests betting 1.2 units at -3 and 2.4 units at -4 in the 1-10spread. Hopefully maybe that is what you've been betting? If not, just plug in the appropritae units at the RC's you desire and then it will figure out all the same stuff for that spread. Right now it agress with the 2 CVCX sims The Wise One posted just so you can see that the "Custom Bet" line agrees with CVCX.

Also right now in row 118 the number of hands is the N0 number of hands just so you can see when EV=1 stan dev. That's where you put in your number of hands played.

If you want to go with 50-500 instead of 25-250 just change unit size in row 54. Spreading 1-24 is actually a much better game as you will be able to see. Probably why it's so unrealistic lol. Only suggested it in the first place to give you more challenging "practice" beacuse it involved betting 7 different amounts instead of 6.

Obviously the 2 sims are really the same in the first place since the freq, adv and SD's are the same in both sets of pics. You can use the sheet to change spread, roll and unit size as desired without having to run that thru another sim.

Haven't compared this to Psim's KO sim and don't really need to now. Use this one.

Attachments

Canceler

Kasi said:
I'm attaching my spsheet for KO players.

You can use the sheet to change spread, roll and unit size as desired without having to run that thru another sim.
Took me awhile to grasp the implications of that, but now that I have...

This thing is WONDERFUL! :1st:

sagefr0g

my good lil robot

thought it would be interesting to let a really robot play our game.....
got my ole (no relation lol) sage blackjack simulator out and set it up to the game parameters that we are playing by. (by the way it seems sage software the provider of this simulator is no longer in business).
anyway i set it up and let it play a 221479852 hands simulation. depicted by the first two images below....
then set it up to run just 2,960 hands on auto-pilot where it dutifuly won $23,100.00 .
then plugged in the number of hands into Kasi's spread sheet.
as depicted below in the next three images.

Attachments

Last edited: