Level 2 systems sim help

I have been considering switching from my normal Hi-Lo system to a level 2 one like Mentor. Mainly because I was looking for the increase in performance and the unique two deck true count appealed to me. But when running sims with CVCX the gain hardly seems worth it as it barely outperforms Hi-Lo with just the I18 and Fab 4. Am I doing something wrong? Or does Mentor just suck compared to Zen, RPC and other level 2s?

jack.jackson

German said:
I have been considering switching from my normal Hi-Lo system to a level 2 one like Mentor. Mainly because I was looking for the increase in performance and the unique two deck true count appealed to me. But when running sims with CVCX the gain hardly seems worth it as it barely outperforms Hi-Lo with just the I18 and Fab 4. Am I doing something wrong? Or does Mentor just suck compared to Zen, RPC and other level 2s?
Hi German, wheres measles?

IDK, but there was a discussion about this a couple weeks ago.

See here>http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=13370

kewljason

German said:
I have been considering switching from my normal Hi-Lo system to a level 2 one like Mentor. Mainly because I was looking for the increase in performance and the unique two deck true count appealed to me. But when running sims with CVCX the gain hardly seems worth it as it barely outperforms Hi-Lo with just the I18 and Fab 4.
Two years ago, in the spring of 2007 I switched from Hi-lo to RPC looking for that same increase in performance. 18 months later I decided it wasn't worth the extra effort and switched back. Each time I post this story, several people disagree with me, stating the need to extract as much gain as possible and how that extra 5% means you could earn the same amount in 50 weeks as with hi-lo in 52 weeks. That may be, but with Hi-lo I found I was quicker, more accurate and frankly my brain was less taxed. I can play longer sessions without getting tired and am more alert as to whats going on around me and free to possibly take advantage of "other" opportunities.
--Just one opinion on the other side of the switch.--

Last edited:

QFIT

German said:
Depends on what you are looking for. Level 2 strategies are a bit better than level 1 strategies. But it is not night and day. See http://www.blackjackincolor.com/penetration6.htm.

kewljason said:
Two years ago, in the spring of 2007 I switched from Hi-lo to RPC looking for that same increase in performance. 18 months later I decided it wasn't worth the extra effort and switched back. Each time I post this story, several people disagree with me, stating the need to extract as much gain as possible and how that extra 5% means you could earn the same amount in 50 weeks as with hi-lo in 52 weeks. That may be, but with Hi-lo I found I was quicker, more accurate and frankly my brain was less taxed. I can play longer sessions without getting tired and am more alert as to whats going on around me and free to possible take advantage of "other" opportunities.
--Just one opinion on the other side of the swtch.--
Interesting, how many index plays do you use with hi-lo?