Interesting...

johnnyb

Severity8 said:
Just a thought the Riverwind is in Norman (middle of the state) and the WinStar is by Gainsville on the Texas border. :whip:
My mistake love. I don't know better because I am attending Oklahoma University in the fall and I associate WinStar with being somewhere near Norman :). (I hope to make some cash at the Riverwind once I move!)

21gunsalute

Think again!

johnnyb said:
Yes, unfortunately they do. Even though that is a lot of cash per hour, it's somewhat insignificant (to me) because the ante chips are coming from the cash I've earned on the BJ table, still giving me a +EV. I can understand your concern completely, but on a level between recreational player and professional player, I am more likely just a recreational player!
You got very lucky. If you continue to play this game with a $50 hourly ante you will surely lose bigtime. Maybe someone can run the numbers for you, but I doubt you're even playing with a $5/hour EV without the ante rule (and probably considerably less). Throw in the $50 hourly ante and your looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of -$45/hour EV.

Nynefingers

johnnyb said:
Yes, unfortunately they do. Even though that is a lot of cash per hour, it's somewhat insignificant (to me) because the ante chips are coming from the cash I've earned on the BJ table, still giving me a +EV.
Methinks someone doesn't quite understand the meaning of the term "EV"...