An expert is not someone who knows everything...

But someone with the knowledge to find out the answers to the questions asked.

That is something that I have failed to remember over the years. It was told to me by my father when my grades were not too good in middle school. Those words pushed me not only to graduate, but to be curious about everything it has paid off, but I seemed to have forgotten it till I heard those same words on a program I just got done watching.

The point I am trying that when it comes to being an skilled at something it isn't the ones who ask others to do the work to find an answer for something who become the leaders of there field, but the ones that work to find the answers themselves through hard work, patience, blood sweat and tears.

When it comes to blackjack, or any other subject, doing the work yourself, without too much help from others, is the only way to carve your name into the stone of blackjack gods. It is the only way to truly make money at the game.

Ask yourself, which are you; are you the expert or just the learner.

Just a little food for thought for those that that cant seem to make ends meat at the game. Or it could just be a random post deserving no attention.

Machinist

I will have to disagree. A good mentor by your side can really smooth the bumps out in the road. All those "what ifs" become less of an issue if your mentor " has been there and done that" to many times to remember.
I do agree you need the drive to keep at the game,,,practice,practice,practice. Lots of seat time there's no other way around it.
I prefer to seek out the best, find your "Obi one kenobi" and use him or her, your path will be so much shorter.

Machinist

blackriver

I was a bit of a loner as a kid and learned to do everything for myself. re inventing the wheel is definitely not the key to success in this world. a thorough understanding or being the first has its advantages, and building everything up from scratch feels gratifying, but they are not the key to making money. Better to just try to learn as much as you can from wherever you can

psyduck

Expert

An expert is someone who starts with knowing something, and knows more and more about less and less and ends up knowing everything about nothing.

jaygruden

Expert advice about experts

"An expert gives an objective view. He gives his own view."
Morarji Desai

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."
Niels Bohr

"An expert is a person who avoids the small errors while sweeping on to the grand fallacy."
Steven Weinberg

"An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less."
Nicholas M. Butler

"An expert is somebody who is more than 50 miles from home, has no responsibility for implementing the advice he gives, and shows slides."
Edwin Meese

"An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today."
Laurence J. Peter

"A leader must have the courage to act against an expert's advice."
James Callaghan