"Kind of" counted for first time

rennyboy

I have been practicing at home for a few months and ramped up the last few weeks. I have been able to get an accurate count of a deck at about 30 seconds, I know I have to get it faster. I have also been using software to play an 8 deck game situation. I love to play and usually play BS. Yesterday I tried to count and to my surprise I kept up at a decent rate. I lost count a couple of times and was also off a few I know for sure on others, but just the fact that I feel I came this far as compared to when I tried it a few months ago made me feel like I could do it if I continue practicing. My result was nothing to brag about, + 100 but I would have lost a lot if I just had played BS. It really seemed that when I should push the bet it worked. Much better than playing on hunches. I want to thank everyone who told me to practice, practice and then practice some more, because that is exactly the right info. My spread was low but it was just a practice run, I will keep it that way until I can really keep a count and play at the same time. I am going to Vegas at the end of the month and will practice daily till I get there. Thanks again :)

Mimosine

sounds like you're off to a good start.

if you ever happen to lose count, don't guess what it is. either play BS, or get up from the table and leave, but don't try to guess, chances are you'll be way off.

keep up the good work and give us a good vegas report when you get back!