Side bet

moo321

I'm wondering if the match bet becomes favorable in any straight card counting (i.e. not using a side-count or specific count) situations in espanol 21.

I would be inclined to think that if the deck were extraordinarily heavy or light, that the odds on this bet would shift. For example, if the deck is ace-heavy, we should get more aces and the dealer should get more as well.

moo321 said:
I'm wondering if the match bet becomes favorable in any straight card counting (i.e. not using a side-count or specific count) situations in espanol 21.

I would be inclined to think that if the deck were extraordinarily heavy or light, that the odds on this bet would shift. For example, if the deck is ace-heavy, we should get more aces and the dealer should get more as well.
It doesn't work because a rank match only pays 3 to 1. On straight BJ it pays 4 to 1 so you can get an edge in an extreme count. Beating it in SP21 requires something very special.

moo321 said:
The six decker pays 4 to 1 for unsuited and 9 to 1 for suited.
That's an odd paytable, I'll have to see.

MtD is one of those tantalizing sidebets. Using the standard SP21 paytable it is an even money bet with an infinite number of decks. So the fewer decks the worse it is for the player.