Las vegas $10 6-5?

BillytheBJkid

I have been reading alot about many of the lower $5 and $10 tables in las vegas being bj pays 6-5 now rather than the normal 3-2. Are the 6 and 8 deck shoe games like this as well or are the posters only referring to single deck type games? I am planning my first trip to las vegas but don't want to go if all the $10 and below games are 6-5. I play mostly shoe type games, so that is what I am mainly concerned about. appreciate any and all help.

21forme

Many of the Harrahs places have 8D, H17, 6:5. Such nerve!

However, I can see their point - they get suckers to play those games, so why change?

BillytheBJkid

21forme said:
Many of the Harrahs places have 8D, H17, 6:5. Such nerve!

However, I can see their point - they get suckers to play those games, so why change?
but are there still a lot of 3-2 shoe games in vegas? specifically low amount tables like $10?

sabre

Yes, there are still plenty of 3:2 $10 shoes in Vegas. Most will be H17 though. Check out Monte Carlo for an 8D S17,LS,RSA game that should be $10 during off-peak hours. Also, Mandalay has $15 6D S17,LS,RSA off-peak.

wwcd

BillytheBJkid said:
but are there still a lot of 3-2 shoe games in vegas? specifically low amount tables like $10?
Off-peak times, you will always find $5 BJ 3:2 H17 LS DAS games at many MGM properties. At peak times, these games will be offered at $10 or more. In my recent visits, I never had trouble finding an OK 3:2 game for $10. $5 is usually a bit of a stretch (only one table etc.), but you can find those as well.

And as sabre mentioned, Monte Carlo is your best bet. You can also try Mirage. MGM Grand usually is one notch above these two (i.e. when these two offer $5, MGM Grand offers $10 and so on).

BillytheBJkid

wwcd said:
Off-peak times, you will always find $5 BJ 3:2 H17 LS DAS games at many MGM properties. At peak times, these games will be offered at $10 or more. In my recent visits, I never had trouble finding an OK 3:2 game for $10. $5 is usually a bit of a stretch (only one table etc.), but you can find those as well.

And as sabre mentioned, Monte Carlo is your best bet. You can also try Mirage. MGM Grand usually is one notch above these two (i.e. when these two offer $5, MGM Grand offers $10 and so on).
Ok I don't mind h17. Just dont want to have to play 6-5 blackjack. I kept hearing all this talk of 6-5 all over las vegas and wasn't sure if they still had low table amounts 3-2. thanks guys

tfg

Yeah it's around. The MGM rules are as above, however during the week there aren't many tables below $25 min. On the weekends it seems another entire pit is open and most of those are $10 and $15 8 deck.