$3 tables?

bj bob

shadroch said:
Biggest problem I have with SD is that BS is quite different.That and a hand shuffled game(ala Laughlin) is so slow paced.With several players,it feels like you are spending as much time waiting for the shuffle as actually playing.
Slow paced? The action in a SD game goes at warp speed compared to shoes. I find the game more stimulating since the count can go from a high RC to neg. in one hand. Using 60+ indeces in real time keeps the brain sharp and I don't waste any time wandering the pits looking for wong-in opportunities. My AP advantage is constantly "in play".
Lastly, any good SD AP will tell you not to play at a table with more than one other player. This both intesifies the high card count as well as expanding the penetration, IMHO.

bj bob

SystemsTrader said:
BJ Bob, what kind of heat would there be in a place like wendover? My CBJN says the table max is $1000. Could you play a green or black level with a 1-3 or 1-4 spread or would you be out the door quickly?
You shouldn't have any problem with a green spread of 1:4 anywhere in Wendover, as long as you keep track of time. Keep the sit-downs to an hour or less and then get up and rotate to the other four clubs. Black may be a little dicey at the Garter and the Nugget, though. Peppermill and Montego should be quite OK.

shadroch said:
Biggest problem I have with SD is that BS is quite different.That and a hand shuffled game(ala Laughlin) is so slow paced.With several players,it feels like you are spending as much time waiting for the shuffle as actually playing.
It's really not all that different. A lot of the plays that appear different for SD BS are actually more like comp-dependent index plays.

My example is doubling 8 vs. 5 and 8 vs. 6 in a H17 SD game. Those are plays that require a pretty heavy count in a shoe game. But if you have those hands off the top of the deck in SD, you already do have a pretty heavy count because that's 3 low cards dealt out. So thinking in those terms, with a balanced count you could use your multideck index numbers and do just fine.

Kasi

Automatic Monkey;65353My example is doubling 8 vs. 5 and 8 vs. 6 in a H17 SD game. [/QUOTE said:
Well I do agree with you that there really aren't that many diff BS plays to learn - never are, no matter what different game you play.

And I also agree that you can't go wrong using the index plays but, like I tried to say somewhere else recently, despite the count of either a 5,3 vs 6 or a 6,2 vs 6 being the same off the top of a SD H17 game, at least in Hi-Lo, still, doubling the 6,2 vs 6 is wrong since you are better off hitting. One reason for this might be you get a 6,2 vs 6 less often than a 5,3 vs 6 because of the 2 6's used. There are other plays like this where knowing the comp-dependent play is better than the recommended index play. Like hit the 10,2 vs 4 but not a 9,3, 8,4 or 7,5 vs 4 at least if you are a BS player, probably because the latter 3 put together don't occur as often as the 10,2 which is why BS would say to stand on any 12 vs 4 - not sure about the index play here lol.

In case you/anyone actually cares, and I hope you don't lol, don't double a 6,2 vs 5 in the S17 SD game either.

Not that you can likely buy a cup of coffee with the extra gain for a really long time. Maybe if you bet alot you could lol.

But all comp-dependent plays taken together can have a not-bad percentage reduction in overall HA assuming a re-shuffle after every hand.

And I do like the the range of TC's one experiences the fewer the decks. Much much more fun.