PB's not as sharp as we think?

AussiePlayer said:
In regard to the post above, although I doubt it was REAL life. Once again I was found wanting for a sarcasm emoticon. :laugh:
$200 was my min bet, so up 160 units in one session is impossible then? Didn't someone on the other thread claiming lost 110 units in one session and quite a few repliers were saying 110 units up or down was not that uncommon? Oh, a regular poster here was up $65K at one place where he only played during weekends for 6 months, if I recall it correctly, he said he was a greenchip player, so $25 was his 1 unit,so assuming he only plays 1 day per week (because he said he had to travel pretty far to play and he had a regular job) for 6 months, which was 26 weeks, so $65K/25/26 = 100 units won. Wow, average win rate of 100 units per session, I am guessing you are deeming that was impossible too huh? Why spend time doubting on what other people said here, what can you possibily gain from this? My whole point was that PB's were not the ones we need to worry, if you think otherwise, feel free to say so. I believe the purpose of the existance of this board is that people can learn.

count

countfornow said:
$200 was my min bet, so up 160 units in one session is impossible then? Didn't someone on the other thread claiming lost 110 units in one session and quite a few repliers were saying 110 units up or down was not that uncommon? Oh, a regular poster here was up $65K at one place where he only played during weekends for 6 months, if I recall it correctly, he said he was a greenchip player, so $25 was his 1 unit,so assuming he only plays 1 day per week (because he said he had to travel pretty far to play and he had a regular job) for 6 months, which was 26 weeks, so $65K/25/26 = 100 units won. Wow, average win rate of 100 units per session, I am guessing you are deeming that was impossible too huh? Why spend time doubting on what other people said here, what can you possibily gain from this? My whole point was that PB's were not the ones we need to worry, if you think otherwise, feel free to say so. I believe the purpose of the existance of this board is that people can learn.
I have seen many things so I do not discount your story as out of hand, certainly not to the point of flaming you over it.

There was a post made a few years ago, that Bojack agreed with, where he sat down at a game to show a guy that he wasn't full of BS, Bojack bought in with what I believe was $500, played for no more than an hour, if that long, cashed out $5000, so, are we saying Bojack was a liar, think not, am I saying you are a liar, think not. ( I would have to read alot more of your postings before I would ever publicly question your veracity).

CP

kewljason

countfornow said:
$200 was my min bet, so up 160 units in one session is impossible then? Didn't someone on the other thread claiming lost 110 units in one session and quite a few repliers were saying 110 units up or down was not that uncommon? Oh, a regular poster here was up $65K at one place where he only played during weekends for 6 months, if I recall it correctly, he said he was a greenchip player, so $25 was his 1 unit,so assuming he only plays 1 day per week (because he said he had to travel pretty far to play and he had a regular job) for 6 months, which was 26 weeks, so $65K/25/26 = 100 units won. Wow, average win rate of 100 units per session, I am guessing you are deeming that was impossible too huh? Why spend time doubting on what other people said here, what can you possibily gain from this? My whole point was that PB's were not the ones we need to worry, if you think otherwise, feel free to say so. I believe the purpose of the existence of this board is that people can learn.
Recent discussions have shown that this term "unit" is very fuzzy. I play with a $25 minimum wager, but by the definition of many of the long term pro's, that is not my unit. The unit is the amount that you jump at each half percent increase. So a player who plays a $25 minimum wager and increases to $50 @ TC of +2 (.5% advantage) and $75 @ TC +3 (1% advantage and $100 @ TC +4, is playing a $25 unit. The player that has a minimum wager of $25, but increases to $100 @TC +2, $200 @ TC +3, $300 @ TC +4, is NOT playing a $25 unit. He is playing a $100 unit with a minimum wager of $25.

So when someone measures anything in units, it is important to know if they are really talking units or talking minimum wager. I only bring this up again, because it makes a huge difference in results.

creeping panther said:
I have seen many things so I do not discount your story as out of hand, certainly not to the point of flaming you over it.

...am I saying you are a liar, think not. ( I would have to read alot more of your postings before I would ever publicly question your veracity).

CP
Again with the judging of people. How is it that you feel it is your responsibility to read through a members posts and make a judgement about their credibility and publicly state that opinion based on only your gut feeling? And then question the member as if they are on trial? Who made you judge and jury? :confused:

This is an anonymous site and people are free to share whatever they want and make whatever claims they want. You can come to your own conclusions, as the rest of us can, but no one has to prove anything. No one is on trial here.

Some of you guys are creating an atmosphere that discourages members from participating and sharing their experiences, which is a disservice to the site and conflicts with the primary purpose of the site.

pogostick

shadroch said:
Let me offer a different view.

In less than five minutes, he got you to admit that you are not a clueless BJ player, that you obviously know the game and are familiar with basic strategy. What ploppy even thinks about what he should do ahead of time? He's got you talking about what you will do in specfic circumstances that may or may not occur. What ploppy would be doing that?
If you could check out the computer, I'm fairly sure he's got you pegged as a skilled player. Why volunteer anything?
Shadrock. I agree that Jaygruden may have put out a little too much info ,but I have found that a lot of info on players come from the eye in the sky & relayed to the PB. PB may relay to eye to keep tabs on certain table. Most PB are sharp as hell or they won't be PB very long. Good read from both of you guys. Pogo

shadroch

creeping panther said:

There was a post made a few years ago, that Bojack agreed with, where he sat down at a game to show a guy that he wasn't full of BS, Bojack bought in with what I believe was $500, played for no more than an hour, if that long, cashed out $5000, so, are we saying Bojack was a liar, think not, am I saying you are a liar, think not. ( I would have to read alot more of your postings before I would ever publicly question your veracity).

CP

I do hope your skillz are better than your memory and reasoning as bojacks post was far different than you recall and his gain was one tenth what this poster claims to have gained.

AussiePlayer

countfornow said:
If that is in fact the case, congratulations. If I was playing a spread with a $200 min bet, I would want to start with a lot more than $1500!

jaygruden

I guess it's the same as entering a $10 game with a $75 buy-in. I wouldn't enter with that low of a buy-in but I've read several posters on here who feel it best to buy-in small and dig for Benny's if/when needed so I guess it's not outlandish.

Countfornow

I am sorry you have gotten caught up in some very childish behavior regarding, concerning, your post, of which I do not discount as being possible, and I do hope you continue to post on this site.:)

My Best,
CP