Strategies for keeping yourself off tilt

PierceNation

blackjack avenger said:
Fractional Kelly is referenced to protect from errors, tilting is an error.
You really are spreading the 'Fractional Kelly' love at the moment aren't you Avenger?! :grin:

Its true though, Fractional Kelly is about as awesome as it gets.

its a special relationship

PierceNation said:
You really are spreading the 'Fractional Kelly' love at the moment aren't you Avenger?! :grin:

Its true though, Fractional Kelly is about as awesome as it gets.
Seems to be more posts about:
Losing money
Negative variance
Etc.

So I mention
Well you know:rolleyes:

gamblingghost

PierceNation said:

Its true though, Fractional Kelly is about as awesome as it gets.[/QUOTE]

The downside is that it requires 400 max. bets, or more!!!:eek:

takes money to make money

gamblingghost said:
PierceNation said:

Its true though, Fractional Kelly is about as awesome as it gets.[/QUOTE]

The downside is that it requires 400 max. bets, or more!!!:eek:
I think fractional Kelly is preferable to playing with an actual ror :eek: or such a large fraction of Kelly that one faces large drawdown risk & the spectre of table minimums!:eek:

There is the benefit of having a high probability of winning!

gamblingghost

blackjack avenger said:
gamblingghost said:
I think fractional Kelly is preferable to playing with an actual ror :eek: or such a large fraction of Kelly that one faces large drawdown risk & the spectre of table minimums!:eek:

There is the benefit of having a high probability of winning!
Indeed. Working an investment that is so self-contained that there is no
worry of draw down much less bust out is nice. But the real life numbers
are awesome. Just to play 10 min and 150 max one would need a BR in the
order of at least 60 k! Probably more in the order of 80k! Awesome indeed!

not that grim

Possibly:grin:

A beginner can start at betweem 1/2 to 1/3 Kelly. Resizing to stay between these levels. Resize down aggressively on losses. This will have a min. ror. Once approaching table max keep a good spread & let the bank growww.

Machinist

blackjack avenger said:
What was he like:laugh:
Funny guy BJAvenger..lol.....I dumped her many moons ago, she was a fickle bitch, always keeping me on the edge of my seat, never knowing what her demeanor would be for the day, week, or month.
So I decided the best way to dump her was to run with this gal we all know as BR, (bankroll), now BR isn't skinny like Kelly was. But she does everything I want with no sweat,,,,,,,It took a while to fatten BR up, a lot of discipline patience and desire to be one with her.
Now when we go to rape a store ole Fractional Kelly doesn't even enter my mind. We bet at a stores tolerance level only taking up to their threshhold and then my ever fattening BR and I move on.
Of course the most important factor in an AP's life is finding and only playing the best of games. Only then will you also hopefully run around with a very chunky BR that you can call your own.
Until then heed BJAvengers words and stick with that Kelly bitch

Machinist

sagefr0g

Machinist said:
Funny guy BJAvenger..lol.....I dumped her many moons ago, she was a fickle bitch, always keeping me on the edge of my seat, never knowing what her demeanor would be for the day, week, or month.
So I decided the best way to dump her was to run with this gal we all know as BR, (bankroll), now BR isn't skinny like Kelly was. But she does everything I want with no sweat,,,,,,,It took a while to fatten BR up, a lot of discipline patience and desire to be one with her.
Now when we go to rape a store ole Fractional Kelly doesn't even enter my mind. We bet at a stores tolerance level only taking up to their threshhold and then my ever fattening BR and I move on.
Of course the most important factor in an AP's life is finding and only playing the best of games. Only then will you also hopefully run around with a very chunky BR that you can call your own.

Machinist
i managed to pinch BR in the a$$ a couple of times, it was sweet!:laugh::whip::p

Machinist said:

Machinist
x2

AussiePlayer

Machinist said:
Only then will you also hopefully run around with a very chunky BR that you can call your own.
I imagine this has gotten easier with the recent acquisition of a canoe to carry your chunky BR around in! :laugh:

Machinist

AussiePlayer said:
I imagine this has gotten easier with the recent acquisition of a canoe to carry your chunky BR around in! :laugh:
Now that my friend is brilliantly hilarious!!:laugh::laugh::laugh: Ain't it Sage????? Hello, SageFr0g????
Aussie, froggo musta fell off his lillypad again! He does that a lot, common occurence with him lately. He's had to learn to swim since the illfated loss of his most beloved canoe.
Froggo, Sage????

Machinist

sagefr0g

Machinist said:
Now that my friend is brilliantly hilarious!!:laugh::laugh::laugh: Ain't it Sage????? Hello, SageFr0g????
Aussie, froggo musta fell off his lillypad again! He does that a lot, common occurence with him lately. He's had to learn to swim since the illfated loss of his most beloved canoe.
Froggo, Sage????

Machinist
grrrrrr
:p