Surrender Index

I'm looking for the surrender index for hi-lo... I was wandering if the count can ever be so negative it is profitable to hit 16 againt a 9,10, or A. I surrender these hands and a few others. I know the index had to be really high but I surrender 13, 14 against 10 alot if I have a bad feeling and the count is high.

Sonny

Small Pennies said:
I was wandering if the count can ever be so negative it is profitable to hit 16 againt a 9,10, or A...I know the index had to be really high but I surrender 13, 14 against 10 alot if I have a bad feeling and the count is high.
Here are the numbers that I use:

16 vs. 9 - Hit at -0.5 or below
16 vs. 10 - Hit at -3 or below
16 vs. A - Hit at -1.5 or below

14 vs. 10 - Surrender at +3 or greater
7,7 vs. 10 - Surrender at +2 or greater
13 vs. 10 - Surrender at +7 or greater

-Sonny-

SleightOfHand

Small Pennies said:
I surrender these hands and a few others. I know the index had to be really high but I surrender 13, 14 against 10 alot if I have a bad feeling and the count is high.
Don't ever make strategy deviations if you do not know the index for it. While you may have made the right decision, you can just as easily made the wrong one, and thats not a risk you would want to take. Don't let your "feelings" get in the way of making the correct play.

callipygian

Small Pennies said:
I was wandering if the count can ever be so negative it is profitable to hit 16 againt a 9,10, or A.
There's a self-consistency error between your thread title and your question.

There are TWO indices you could be referring to, either the index for hitting vs. standing, or the index for surrendering vs. not surrendering. These are separate indices.

From very negative counts to very positive counts, hard 16 vs. dealer 10 will go from Hit to Surrender/Hit to Surrender/Stand. The transition from H to R/H is very low - I want to say TC -4, but I'm not sure on that (I don't play counts that low so I don't bother memorizing the index). The transition for R/H to R/S is 0 or -0.5, depending how you round.