Sydney all CSMs

aussiecounter

Well, I finally got into Sydney's Star City again on Friday.

It was pretty disappointing to confirm that all BJ tables are CSM dealt. It was the first time I've been there since I got serious about Card Counting, and I wasn't sure on the CSM front.

A bit of a log of my night on Friday:

I did have a very nice night however. My girlfriend just finished Uni so it was a night out with her friends; dinner, then a bit of gambling.
I started playing $10 tables with a couple of the guys, and it was nice for me to actually sit there and do A LOT better than two Engineering graduates, one of whom I thought (before we started) knew Basic Strategy. He obviously didn't.
It was nice for me also to sit there with my girlfriend and play for nearly two hours on my original buy in of $100, while guys around me bought in for more than that and left after 20 minutes or so. One guy went through at least $400.

I was flat betting at the start, and in my first session lost $90 of my $100. We left that table after the dealer kept on drawing 5-card 21s.
In my second session, with my girl, I started flat betting and was up a bit, so I started to try Oscars Grind. It was working OK, but then I got on a downward slide, and had to 'stop' because my bet was at $50 and I only had $30 in chips. So I went all in and won, then I went on an upward slide. I got it up to $200 and asked my girl if she was ready to leave, and put a bet out in the meantime. I won that and then colored up, $210 for my original $100.

Yay! Only $20 win all said, but its nice to beat the CSMs when you cant count. Total overall standing playing Blackjack: +$120

On the roulette front (you cant get away from it with women), palying $2 games, I think we (me + GF) must have made about 30 bets. I put about 1/2 my bets on single numbers, but she put nearly all of hers on corners etc, so we must have had nearly 100 numbers covered all up (over lots of games). We didn't bet colors or rows or dozens etc.
Now for those 100 or so numbers covered, we didnt get a single win. Not even one. Theres some pretty long odds on doing that again I'd think.