Need advice on counting technique

Diver

I'm still playing (adding) my hand and tracking the RC with each card dealt, probably from concern about not catching all the cards in play before they're swept away. But that's proving to be wierdly slow, even one-on-one, anytime I need more than two additional cards. Do most of you segment that activity, making your play based purely on the initial count then adjusting the RC only as yours is finished and then as any remaining hand(s) are played out? I think I'm probably being too cautious and can do OK with loosening up and speeding up, but I'm curious about how others approach it. I've had some nice green chip success lately but I think it's evident I'm way slow (or just paranoid) and want to pick up the pace. I'm using CV, so I have the resource to work with.

Canceler

Diver -

It seems like you're saying you have trouble keeping the count while playing your hand. You can practice just that. I swiped the following from an old post of mine:

To practice keeping the count while playing your hand: I imagine the dealer has a 10 up, although it could be any upcard. Then I deal myself hands, and play them as I would against a 10, while keeping the count. At the end of the deck you can tell if your count was on.