Best Card Counting Strategy for Atlantic City Rules

Hello,

I asked a question here once before and got some very helpful answers, so here's another one :)

I've read one book on counting ("Blackjack for Blood", Bryce Carlson) and am still working on the technique. The technique he recommends for multiple-deck is something called "Advanced Omega II"

I'm a software developer and (of course) am writing a program, for fun, to teach myself the strategy, but I wonder, is this the best strategy for me to learn?

In other words: what is the best counting strategy for playing in Atlantic City, NJ?

I'm sure there are already other programs out there, and I know I won't get rich counting, but it's a fun exercise to try to do both. Thanks!

WABJ11

If you are just starting out I would recommend an unbalanced count such as Red 7 or KO. Hi-Lo is ok, but for multi deck games you have to do division at the tables to find the true count based on your running count. This can get complicated and confusing. No division is required for an unbalanced count.

blackjacktilt

WABJ11 said:
If you are just starting out I would recommend an unbalanced count such as Red 7 or KO. Hi-Lo is ok, but for multi deck games you have to do division at the tables to find the true count based on your running count. This can get complicated and confusing. No division is required for an unbalanced count.

What he means by division is running count by decks left in the shoe. It's not an exact science, but accurate enough for a beginner. Units same as TC or close to it (whatever your bankroll can handle).
And I would recommend hi/lo, then move on.

beating vegas

rebelBodhi said:
Hello,

I asked a question here once before and got some very helpful answers, so here's another one :)

I've read one book on counting ("Blackjack for Blood", Bryce Carlson) and am still working on the technique. The technique he recommends for multiple-deck is something called "Advanced Omega II"

I'm a software developer and (of course) am writing a program, for fun, to teach myself the strategy, but I wonder, is this the best strategy for me to learn?

In other words: what is the best counting strategy for playing in Atlantic City, NJ?

I'm sure there are already other programs out there, and I know I won't get rich counting, but it's a fun exercise to try to do both. Thanks!
it depends on your on personal goes. i like felt or rpc

Not Biased at All!!!!!

Hi lo is good for beginners if you don't mind TC calculations.
Halves floored is probably the best single parameter TC system with no side counts especially with shoe games.

:joker::whip:

Last edited:

jack.jackson

rebelBodhi said:
Hello,

Side countings aces, in multiple deck games is a nightmare. Not advisable. More importantly, than what system you use, will be your technigue, and your accuracy. Betting correctly, and knowing when to wong in/out, scouting good games, is what matters. Good luck!

Who Are You?

jack said:
Side countings aces, in multiple deck games is a nightmare. Not advisable. More importantly, than what system you use, will be your technigue, and your accuracy. Betting correctly, and knowing when to wong in/out, scouting good games, is what matters. Good luck!
You are not the Jack Jackson I know who has a count for every day of the month! LOL

jack.jackson

blackjack avenger said:
You are not the Jack Jackson I know who has a count for every day of the month! LOL

I know it man, i must be getting old or something lol. On the other hand, he didnt say pitch games.:joker::whip:

rebelBodhi said:
AO2 is antiquated, and as taught in that book is not a winning strategy. zg

NightStalker said:

• [*]Zen
  • Wong halves
  • hi-lo II
  • hi lo
  • KO

in order..
RebelBodhi - your AO2 is instantly transformed into ZEN by simply swapping your Ace and 9 tag values -
you can keep the indices the same. You will, however, require an effective bet/ramping strategy. zg

BJgenius007

rebelBodhi said:
Hello,

First, for people don't know about omega II, it is very similar to Hi Opt II, certainly it is better than Hi Lo or Hi Opt I.

I am being using Omega II for some time. From my experience, if you really master the system, you will almost win every session as long as the session is long enough. I play most 6D/8D S17 BJ. I have tried Hi Lo, Hi Opt I. But Omega II makes me almost a winner every time. Normally I spread one to twenty. But I have experimented enough to know you can still be a winner spreading 1 to 12 (if there is some heat.)

This is the tip for people who want to convert from Hi Lo to Omega II. The indexes for both counting systems are almost identical if you multiply the deck number by 2. I mean for example of 6 decks,

true count = running count / 12 when there are 6 decks remaining (beginning)

true count = running count / 3 when there are 1.5 decks remaining (end of the decks).

The values of cards in Omega II are:

10, J, Q, K: -2
9: -1

4, 5, 6: +2
2, 3, 7: -1

Hope this will help people who want to try a level 2 counting and have a smooth transition.