CVData Spanish 21 sims

duanedibley

Hi,

When I sim various Spanish 21 Strategies in CVData, the win-rates are always significantly lower than I expect.

AM mentioned in another thread that CVData does not handle multi-card doubling: Is this the reason?

Is CVData still a good tool for comparing one strategy against another?

duanedibley said:
Hi,

When I sim various Spanish 21 Strategies in CVData, the win-rates are always significantly lower than I expect.

AM mentioned in another thread that CVData does not handle multi-card doubling: Is this the reason?

Is CVData still a good tool for comparing one strategy against another?
For S17 Sp21, you should be getting around 0.4% per level 1 true count. CVData handles multi-card doubling just fine; it's CVIndex that doesn't take it into account when calculating indices.

The reason why the win rates are lower than what you expect, may very well be that the win rates are lower than what you expect! You need a larger and more aggressive spread relative to CT blackjack.

The first step in Sp21 work is to sim the basic strategy and make sure that with all your bonuses and rules working you are getting something close to the accepted house edge derived by combinatorial analysis.

duanedibley

Automatic Monkey said:
The reason why the win rates are lower than what you expect, may very well be that the win rates are lower than what you expect!
I was afraid of that!

OK, back to the drawing board. Thanks for the info.

Automatic Monkey said:
For S17 Sp21, you should be getting around 0.4% per level 1 true count. CVData handles multi-card doubling just fine; it's CVIndex that doesn't take it into account when calculating indices.

The reason why the win rates are lower than what you expect, may very well be that the win rates are lower than what you expect! You need a larger and more aggressive spread relative to CT blackjack.

The first step in Sp21 work is to sim the basic strategy and make sure that with all your bonuses and rules working you are getting something close to the accepted house edge derived by combinatorial analysis.
how to do Sp21 in CVdata?
nil of sp21 in CVdata, is it only in new/latest version?
if i remove 32 of 10s fr 8d, is the sim. result the same?