Shoe games back at Crown (main floor)

I wandered onto the main floor at crown and noticed that many CSM's were gone and replaced with your regular garden variety shoes.

They were on $25, $50 and $100 minimum tables and there were plenty of them. When I go to Crown I usually play in the Mahogany room so I dont notice what goes on with the main floor.

If anything I will play in the VIP rooms off to the side of the main floor because I only play shoe games and prefer to double any two cards (they call it Premium BJ)

Surprise number two - the tables were empty (it was 4pm). Of the $25 tables that had players, most had only one or two people sitting. You could have had a table to yourself for hours.

No heat from the supervisor whatsoever. I was wonging in and out and spreading 1-20. I had a chat with him while I was playing and I even let the waitress help me with my decisions. Penetration was about 80% or 1.5 decks which I found enough to have a go especially with the wonging.

The supervisor could have been in his early 20's and was more interested in my story about playing BJ in Vegas than watching my play.

The conversation even drifted towards counting and he was convinced that Advantage Players were something of an endangered species native to the United States. Something you read about in books or seen in movies.

One thing I noticed about the ploppies in Melbourne is they are hesitant to double whereas the ploppies in Sydney love to double against anything.

I tried to convince one old lady that it was good to double when you had eleven against a dealers 6 but she wouldnt have a bar of it. "They pull 21 too often" she said.

Their eyes lit up up when I won some doubles they thought were risky.

Anybody know how long the shoes have been on the main floor?

Recommend editing out some of the details of the post as that floor supervisor could easily identify you based on the information posted here.

Charles

Charles Wells said:
I wandered onto the main floor at crown and noticed that many CSM's were gone and replaced with your regular garden variety shoes.

They were on $25, $50 and $100 minimum tables and there were plenty of them. When I go to Crown I usually play in the Mahogany room so I dont notice what goes on with the main floor.

If anything I will play in the VIP rooms off to the side of the main floor because I only play shoe games and prefer to double any two cards (they call it Premium BJ)

Surprise number two - the tables were empty (it was 4pm). Of the $25 tables that had players, most had only one or two people sitting. You could have had a table to yourself for hours.

No heat from the supervisor whatsoever. I was wonging in and out and spreading 1-20. I had a chat with him while I was playing and I even let the waitress help me with my decisions. Penetration was about 80% or 1.5 decks which I found enough to have a go especially with the wonging.

The supervisor could have been in his early 20's and was more interested in my story about playing BJ in Vegas than watching my play.

The conversation even drifted towards counting and he was convinced that Advantage Players were something of an endangered species native to the United States. Something you read about in books or seen in movies.

One thing I noticed about the ploppies in Melbourne is they are hesitant to double whereas the ploppies in Sydney love to double against anything.

I tried to convince one old lady that it was good to double when you had eleven against a dealers 6 but she wouldnt have a bar of it. "They pull 21 too often" she said.

Their eyes lit up up when I won some doubles they thought were risky.

Anybody know how long the shoes have been on the main floor?
I think about a week or so.

Next time I am in country I will have to look you up Mate.

Hmmmm that pit boss may have been talking about me...an AP and a "Native" of N. America. And an endangered species... :grin:

CP

RingyDingy

Info

They have been in play for a couple of weeks now, including a trial run table or two.

Some of these tables have been ASM in the past.

A little bit of background on it, there has been a large series of meetings inside crown regarding their blackjack strategy, and how they are going with it, they have real valid concerns about the mid market i.e. green chippers, that they are becoming more educated and are making smarter decisions, i.e avoiding some games.

These games, i expect will last only in the short term, but will vanish soon enough, and in particular will disappear come Chinese new year.

Whilst i have no formal confirmation of this i think they are trying to build up a "stable" of BJ games, which they can chop and change in place at relatively short notice.

In terms of opportunities for us, i've had a few good wins in terms of the dealers when they are in "auto pilot" not remembering the flavour of BJ they are playing.

In saying that facts remain, crown is still crap, but the are still opportunities for those who are so inclined.

Crown is crap

I agree. Crown is still crap but is still beatable.

I had the patience to wait for a good shoe and went the count went high all the ploppies came over and ate up many of the cards I have been waiting for.

Got to love those ploppies!