Wassup?

It was from me. I clicked on reply to a post, CP knows which one, and windows went crazy. It locked all the windows over lapping on my screen together and triggered 3 downloads instead of opening the text page I was expecting. If I minimized the top window all the windows minimized together. If I maximized them they all maximized together. The reply bar didnt open the reply text page but triggered the first download. The other 2 may have been connected with my attempts to remedy the problem but it is hard to say for sure. Everything seems to be back to normal but my modem had a problem that comcast fixed remotely. I am currently running norton.

Problem solved FOR ME

The scan showed 31 copies of a trojan horse. If the electrical storm had not interrupted power there may have been more. They have been quarantined. I recommend everyone run a scan. CP experienced similar problems but wasnt sure what he was doing when it happened.

My protection caught it this time

I clicked on the same post, "Delaware Park condition?", and an attack was thwarted by Norton. I didnt hit reply this time.

Sonny

I temporarily removed the thread just to be safe. I will forward the details to Ken and see what can be done. If anyone else has any problems, please let us know.

-Sonny-

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see anything that would account for this on the site. I expect that this was something already present on your computer that happened to activate while you were viewing the Delaware Park thread.

If anyone else has experienced a similar issue here, please report it.

KenSmith said:
I don't see anything that would account for this on the site. I expect that this was something already present on your computer that happened to activate while you were viewing the Delaware Park thread.

If anyone else has experienced a similar issue here, please report it.
It is estimated that most computers today are deeply infected, like "sleeper cells" beyond range of current anti-virals, and are activated by seemingly inoccous and unrelated actions. zg

Zero

KenSmith said:
I don't see anything that would account for this on the site.
Ken, it looks like you handle your own ads through bh3.net. Any chance an XSS attack came in with an ad (or there was just an outright malicious ad)?