New Orleans Harrahs

techster

I will be in New Orleans just after the New Year, staying across the street from Harrahs. Anyone know anything about the blackjack here? Thanks

avs21

techster said:
I will be in New Orleans just after the New Year, staying across the street from Harrahs. Anyone know anything about the blackjack here? Thanks
I haven't been to Harrah's since October I didn't bother playing. The High Roller room is 6d, but everytime I checked it out it was $50 min, so I didn't bother checking out all the rules. The rest of the BJ games are crappy 8D DAS DA2 S17, no surrender and the tables usually are $15min or 25. Treasure Chest is in Kenner, which is about 15mins away has better games. They have 6D games with same rules and you can find a couple $10 tables and one $5 table, but the five dollar usually is really crowded and hard to get a seat.

Any Updates?

Anyone play low-limit at H a r r a h 's lately?

Any and all information is appreciated! :)

Thanks!

SB

Last edited:
SandBaggins said:
Anyone play low-limit at H a r r a h 's lately?

Any and all information is appreciated! :)

Thanks!

Rob
It's a horrible place to play BJ. Don't even bother, go to Biloxi instead.

It's a wonderful place to stay if you get room comps and are visiting New Orleans! Clean and comfortable, not right in the tourist area but close enough so you can safely walk, free parking with 30 minutes play.

Vytas

Take the run to Biloxi if you can. If not , at least take the ride to the Silver Slipper, about 60 miles east of the Big Sleazey. The +EV will more than make up for your time,gas, and effort.

Dyepaintball12

Automatic Monkey said:

It's a wonderful place to stay if you get room comps and are visiting New Orleans! Clean and comfortable, not right in the tourist area but close enough so you can safely walk, free parking with 30 minutes play.
x2

Buchana3 said:
I like Samstown .. not as big as Harrahs but definitely go to high limit.. and not alone.. Good dealers.. nice pit
I didn't play high limit but I did enjoy myself when I visited. Very nice crew. Avg pen.

SB

darco77

Automatic Monkey said:

What a shame. I'll be back in the Big Sleazy in a few weeks and won't have time for a Biloxi day trip. Does anyone have any opinions on the poker talent here? I usually play 1/2 NL.

Ace007

the only thing good about harrah's is that they comp me well compared to other stores i've played at. maybe it's because they know if they comp me, then i will come back in so they take some more of my bankroll!! lol