My frist sign of heat

10-120 isn't high enough for heat in most places. The pit boss probably just noticed you're betting $120 and adjusted your rating in the computer. So you'll get more comps. That's a good thing.

Although at +18, I would be betting purple and maybe paying the ploppies to not play. Your edge is so high at +18 and those counts rarely happen. Should have let the $120 bet ride after a win so you could get more money on the felt.

aslan

paddywhack said:
And backoff at your own peril :laugh::eek:
At times they know you are counting, but they allow you to play, keeping a close watch on you. So long as you don't pose a threat, there's no need to act rashly. However, should you get down a thousand, well, that may be a good time to back you off. Hey, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. :grin:

rrwoods

alwayssplitaces said:
Although at +18, I would be betting purple and maybe paying the ploppies to not play. Your edge is so high at +18 and those counts rarely happen. Should have let the $120 bet ride after a win so you could get more money on the felt.
... Depending on BR, RoR requirements, desired level of deviation...

My max bet is at +7. If the true is +18, I'm still placing the same bet.

FLASH1296

If your MAX bet is reached, do not exceed it.

Reigning in the extreme fluctuations of the game is well-served this way.

Betting (relatively) high and NOT increasing your bet is the best camouflage there is

paddywhack

FLASH1296 said:

If your MAX bet is reached, do not exceed it.

Reigning in the extreme fluctuations of the game is well-served this way.

Betting (relatively) high and NOT increasing your bet is the best camouflage there is
That may not always agree with your camouflage if you've been chipping up. I haven't seen too many ploppies with "set" max bets when they keep winning.

The art involved in progression betting is incorporating plateaus or up and pull at unusually high levels. Even returning to your base bet without a loss. If you dont do this you leave most of your profit on the table after a big run.

I am not trying to imply ploppies are that smart. This is obvious to any AP. Our ramps are progressions based on other things and do not require a loss to go to minimum bet.

Gamblor

It's a judgement call on high you should push your bet, depending on things like heat of course.

Had a good run, where I had my bet significantly above 15 units, and was severely tempted to push it much higher. But noticed the floor person hovering around my table like a buzzard. Not direct heat, like glaring at the table, but someone starting to take note (I think we all know the move). So I didn't push it.

And as Flash mentioned, its also better for variance not to make too huge of a bet. Guess I'm sometimes a variance chicken too. :laugh:

aslan

Gamblor said:
It's a judgement call on high you should push your bet, depending on things like heat of course.

Had a good run, where I had my bet significantly above 15 units, and was severely tempted to push it much higher. But noticed the floor person hovering around my table like a buzzard. Not direct heat, like glaring at the table, but someone starting to take note (I think we all know the move). So I didn't push it.

And as Flash mentioned, its also better for variance not to make too huge of a bet. Guess I'm sometimes a variance chicken too. :laugh:
Screw variance if your bankroll can afford it, but I agree to react to the prevailing heat.