It wasnt too bad!

matteotm

went to conrad jupiters on sunday night with the mrs and we played $25 jupiters 21

it didnt seem too BAD

the dealer hit soft 17's

BUT

any 21 is paid at 1:1 before dealers hand (no push)
any blackjack is paid at 3:2 before dealers hand (no push if holding an A)

and 6 card 21 is 2:1
7 card 21 is 3:1

as luck would have it we had a 6 card 16 against a dealer 10.. so we hit and landed the 5.

all in all i thought the conditions were quite good and few finished a few hund in front

normally i shy away from these blackjack games with slight variations but on the night it worked .

although some1 might prove me that mathematically its worse in the long run.

but ive had worse conditions...

StudiodeKadent

matteotm said:
although some1 might prove me that mathematically its worse in the long run.

but ive had worse conditions...
Jupiters 21 and Treasury 21 (owned by the same people) both have a house edge of roughly 1.25% under perfect basic strategy (Treasury's own literature admits this, however its closer to 1.3% I'd say).

Their Blackjack is 0.57% under perfect basic strategy (6-deck CSM, no surrender, DAS, double 9-11 only, 1 split only, original bets only if dealer BJ's, dealer stands on soft 17). So, whilst I am not exactly fond of those conditions, I'd still take it over their "21" games.

It's good to hear that it went well for you though! Glad you made some money there.

However, if the Treasury wants me to play $25 per hand (I'm sticking with $10 per hand under their normal BJ rules), they'd better comp me dinner at Marco Polo. Including the booze.